DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can't Get Osmo Pocket to Update Firmware-Help?

d7dun

Reactions
Hello,

Got my Pocket about 15 days ago and it seems to work well.
I heard there was an update for the firmware.
The firmware shown on the device is 01.01.00.10
I plug my Pocket into my Samsung Galaxy S8+ and I can easily use my Pocket through DJI Mimo.
I have been waiting for the new firmware update so that I can try to new and improved features.
However, I never get the notification there is a update waiting so that I can start the installation process?
Is there anything I can do to manually update?
Should I just be patient and wait and it will eventually arrive?
Do I have a problem??
Help, please?

Darrell

d7: If you have a computer with an Internet connection, plug the Pocket into that and see if you get the update alert.

Well, I was finally able to get the firmware update.
I am NOT, exactly, sure how.
I first tried your suggestion and, while that did NOT work, your way allowed me to find a way to get my pictures onto my computer without removing the card or using a card reader.
I did find that I did not have a great connection between my S8+ and my Pocket. Looked like I did but, I didn't.
With a better connection, I finally got the notice for the update.
After several rejected tries, I figure out Mimo or the Pocket didn't like my wifi.
Turned the wifi off and used my phone data and I immediately got a successful update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Your suggestion didn't work but it did get me pointed in the right direction to success.
Again, thank you for your help!

Darrell

d7: Believe it or not, the next thing I was going to mention was the flaky phone/pocket connection. <chuckling> Clearly you were way ahead of me and I'm glad you got the new firmware, there were lots of good things in it.

Reactions: mnis
In my case the problem is in the connection between the Honor View 10 and the USB-connector. It seems as if the connector is to short to fit tight in the smartphone. Even if I press them together. Viewing the scene during recording on the smartphone works only sometimes. And updating is a problem too. Sometimes I can see a blue flash of which I know it is the update message, but nothing more.
I bought a usb-c cable (male/female) to make the connection between the original USB-c connector and the smartphone. Works perfect.

Hello,

Got my Pocket about 15 days ago and it seems to work well.
I heard there was an update for the firmware.
The firmware shown on the device is 01.01.00.10
I plug my Pocket into my Samsung Galaxy S8+ and I can easily use my Pocket through DJI Mimo.
I have been waiting for the new firmware update so that I can try to new and improved features.
However, I never get the notification there is a update waiting so that I can start the installation process?
Is there anything I can do to manually update?
Should I just be patient and wait and it will eventually arrive?
Do I have a problem??
Help, please?

Darrell
Just updated mine. It seemed to stop for a while, but it was installing. I just left it and came back later and it was finished.

Same issue here. I am using an iPhone XS. As soon as I switched to Network rather than WiFi, it worked?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S