DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can't land

Tomas86

Reactions
I cant land with left stick down... Only autolanding with dji go 4, but when app crash what can i do? Any ideas? Thanks

Reactions: GreatScott
Just hover, did not land, app crash and cant reconnect, no error message, later a tried land again and the same, i can land with left stick only when i turn off VPS but when app crash its not possible to do that

I have not heard of that one, I would delete the app and re-install it and try calibrating the IMU, but this is just a guess.
Regards,
-d.

Reactions: devin120
I cant land with left stick down... Only autolanding with dji go 4, but when app crash what can i do? Any ideas? Thanks
Are you holding the stick down, and waiting? It will land after 3 seconds of holding the stick down.

yes, all the way down until motors stops

So it falls out of the sky about 1.2m up? Every time?? You say the motors stop.

Like above. Do a clean install. What phone are you using.

So it falls out of the sky about 1.2m up? Every time?? You say the motors stop.

Like above. Do a clean install. What phone are you using.
I doubt that. I don't think the OP understood my question correctly. When you land it will hover. You hold the throttle stick down for three seconds and then it will auto-land and shutdown. Just pushing the stick down quickly won't do anything.

Reactions: devin120
Just hover, did not land, app crash and cant reconnect, no error message, later a tried land again and the same, i can land with left stick only when i turn off VPS but when app crash its not possible to do that

On what surface are you trying to land? On some areas when it's think the ground is not suitable for landing, it will hover and only way you can land is by forcing it to land by pressing the stick down. This is determined by the Sensors, hence when you turn off VPS it switches of landing protection and lands without any issues.

Last edited:

I have had this. Chances are it is landing protection hanging you up in the air. You cannot disable it after the app has crashed. So do so beforehand.
Turn Landing protection OFF in DJIGo4 VPS sub-settings. Then it will not be able to trigger and stop you landing if the app crashes and you only have the Remote control.

Reactions: GreatScott
@Logger, I had a similar problem (left stick down and the drone only hovers above the ground, refusing to land). I had Landing Protection and Precision Landing turned off (but "Enable Downward Vision Positioning" was still on) but it didn't matter. I hope to do more tests today to figure out what is going on.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mavic 3 classic User