DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can't playback in 1/2 or 1/4 preview quality in Premiere Pro CC

rmond6

Reactions
Hi all.

I'm always editing my videos with Premiere Pro but having a small issue.
When I preview my footage in Source panel I can only play my footage in 'Full playback resolution'.
The screen goes completely black when I play in 1/2 or 1/4 or 1/8.
This is a bit annoying because all my footage from Sony A7iii and Gopro Hero 7 has no issues at all but only drone footage does.
If anyone knows the solution please help me out!!

Model: Mavic Pro Platinum
Recording resolution: 2K (2,720 x 1,536)
Frame rate: 30fps
Colour setting: D-Log

Editing device: Lenovo Legion Y540
CPU: i7-9750H
RAM: DDR4 2666Mhz 16GB(8GB x2)
SSD: M.2 NVME 512GB(WD)
Graphic: Geforce GTX 1650 (laptop)
Editing Software: Adobe Premiere Pro CC v13.1.3

Annotation 2019-10-22 232614.png

The lower res source preview works fine on my desktop machine.

Maybe your machine is having an issue with D-Log which holds a lot of data; can you 1/2, 1/4 etc. non-D-Log footage?
You may be forced to use proxies. It's an extra step, but it should solve the preview issues.
One other option you can try: Sequence > Render In to Out. You may need to do it periodically during the edit as necessary. Let me know if this solves it.

Here's an example of D-Log I did for one of my Hollywood film clients: Malpaso Productions - Clint Eastwood's movie company:

It's a tragic drama and this scene is at the Pacific Beach Pier. In this video, at about 1:20 per their instructions is 'The Money Shot'. End of Pier and sunset in 'the thirds'.

And one more video showing the power and some fun with D-Log:

The lower res source preview works fine on my desktop machine.

Maybe your machine is having an issue with D-Log which holds a lot of data; can you 1/2, 1/4 etc. non-D-Log footage?
You may be forced to use proxies. It's an extra step, but it should solve the preview issues.
One other option you can try: Sequence > Render In to Out. You may need to do it periodically during the edit as necessary. Let me know if this solves it.

Here's an example of D-Log I did for one of my Hollywood film clients: Malpaso Productions - Clint Eastwood's movie company:

It's a tragic drama and this scene is at the Pacific Beach Pier. In this video, at about 1:20 per their instructions is 'The Money Shot'. End of Pier and sunset in 'the thirds'.

And one more video showing the power and some fun with D-Log:

Maybe I should try to use 'normal' colour rather than D-Log.
And I know I have the proxy option but I don't really like it because it takes extra time.
'Render In to Out' option won't work because I'm having this issue when I check my videos from 'Media Browser' and watch it in Source monitor. (The clip wasn't even added to timeline)

Thanks for your suggestion though!

Cheers.

Your specs seem capable of handling the video. Sounds like a driver issue or settings issue in Premier CC. Use the google to figure out whats broken and keep trying until fixed, a follow up post with what you did to fix is always appreciated.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada