DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can't read controller / IOS display and fly

GregE

Reactions
Even with IOS 8 plus the display is too small too read while flying. I'll get some stronger readers and am sure as more experience/ confidence happens I'll be better able to divert from the drone to the controller. (in flying we call that maintaining a crosscheck ) :)
I have a fused lower back so leaning to look up isn't happening in the confined space of the driveway parking area. Need to get to a large field.

Until then, planning to use a 8" Apple tablet or even the wife's 13" MS Surface. The MPP seller only had/ sent the short IOS cord and I'll need an adapter with support neck cord,
what else?

if you’re talking about using an iPad of some kind and you don’t already have a device holder, there are tons to chose from.
and the cable for an iPad

Watch out for the Ipad Mini you get, the earlier models are running out of processing power to run the DJI Fly app.
I've been using a Ipad Mini 4 and it has been working well.

One thing to take note of is that DJI Fly is not optimised for the Ipad just yet so you don't have a full screen view, it's just ever so slightly cropped

Mavic Mini DJI Fly screen - Copy.jpg

Reactions: GregE
IPad 9.7” is a good choice. You will need a hood as well, as bright sun makes it difficult to see.

Reactions: GregE
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS