DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can't select subject in active track in WiFi mode

thepeter

Reactions
Hello

I have tried using WiFi mode for the first time today with the iPhone 7 Plus. I can connect and control the drone with my phone, but I have two issues:
- can't tap the screen to focus
- can't select the subject in Active track mode: I can activate Active Track mode, but cannot drag to select or just tap to sect the subject (me).
In both cases, the screen does nothing when I touch it.

Has anyone experienced this issue before? Can anyone think of a fix?

Many thanks!

FW version of AC/RC and app version mate, does it work ok using the RC

Only guess here as I never use wifi only. But it may be because the wifi mode only has very limited range (60meters or such) that active track is not permitted cause subject may easily move out of range of phone

Only guess here as I never use wifi only. But it may be because the wifi mode only has very limited range (60meters or such) that active track is not permitted cause subject may easily move out of range of phone
Tap to fly, Active Track, Gesture modes are available in WiFi mode.

Having the same issue. All other WiFi applications work as intended.
Something else I have noticed: long press action should control gimbal pitch - but it doesn't. Basically, much of functionality based on screen input is not working.

Just tried using my girlfriend's iPhone SE and got the same experience. However, on my Nexus 7 gen 2, everything works well, just as it should: Tap to focus, long press for gimbal pitch.
Not sure if this is part of the same problem, but on the Android version of DJI Go 4, I can choose to monitor the image in REC. 709 style while using DLog and I can lock exposure in camera Auto mode - things that are not present in the iOs version of the app.

Hello

I have tried using WiFi mode for the first time today with the iPhone 7 Plus. I can connect and control the drone with my phone, but I have two issues:
- can't tap the screen to focus
- can't select the subject in Active track mode: I can activate Active Track mode, but cannot drag to select or just tap to sect the subject (me).
In both cases, the screen does nothing when I touch it.

Has anyone experienced this issue before? Can anyone think of a fix?

Many thanks!
Saved me asking the same question. No response when trying to highlight subject

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123