DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can't take off mini 2 after props change

David88

Reactions
Hi! I changed props on my mini 2, but it does not take off, it moves a little to the right only.
Drone was working fine before this.
It is up to date and calibrated.
Do you think they are not properly installed?
Thank you

Attachments

• 20220209_145428.jpg
    20220209_145428.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 38
Are you sure you have the correct props on the corresponding motors?

Can you spin up the motors without the props fitted?

Reactions: David88
No, that I can see from the blade shapes you have you have an incorrect mixture.
The blades on the right front (RF) and left rear (LR) motors should have a raised section near the hub, the blades on the left front (LF) and right rear (RR) motors should have on NO raised section near the hub. The RF & LR arms have cast in grooves near the motor to correspond with the raised section near the blade hubs, the LF & RR arms have no such grooves.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, that I can see from the blade shapes you have you have an incorrect mixture.
The blades on the right front and left rear motors should have a raised section near the hub, the blades on the left front and right rear should have on raised section near the hub. The RF & LR arms have cast in grooves near the motor to correspond with the raised sec tion near the blade hubs, the LF & RR arms have no such grooves.
I just took a look at was you said and that was the issue, thank you very much!

Reactions: Atkas
You might have noticed the crucial typo I made, "on" instead of "no", now corrected.

Reactions: David88
Hi! I changed props on my mini 2, but it does not take off, it moves a little to the right only.
Drone was working fine before this.
It is up to date and calibrated.
Do you think they are not properly installed?
Thank you
Just as a matter of interest, why did you change the props?

It is SO easy to screw up which props go on which motors. If I recall, the Mini 1 props used to have different stripes on the ends of the props to make them easier to identify. I just took a look at my Mavic 2 and saw that the props and motors were "color coded" white circle and just black to easily match up the right props on the right motors.

I wish DJI went back to striping or something to identify which are A and B props. If you need one or the other you cannot tell which is which while still in the package. The last time I changed props it seemed like more of a challenge for visual identification unless you're Philius and can remember which prop goes where by how the raised section is near the motors.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada