DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can't wait to start flying.......again

FASTFJR

Reactions
These crazy low temps has had my Mavic house bound for the last two weeks. Luckily their is a temperature break happening soon!!!

Reactions: garrion
These crazy low temps has had my Mavic house bound for the last two weeks. Luckily their is a temperature break happening soon!!!

I feel ya. Although the temp doesn’t seem to affect it. I live in the northeast US and I’ve flown in sub zero temps no problem. As long as the batteries are kept warm before the flight. When it’s that cold I usually sit in my vehicle and fly. Usually when it’s -5 degrees or so I can’t stand outside more than a few minutes without gloves. So I just sit in my tundra with the heat blasted.

Reactions: Rnl and FASTFJR
I feel ya. Although the temp doesn’t seem to affect it. I live in the northeast US and I’ve flown in sub zero temps no problem. As long as the batteries are kept warm before the flight. When it’s that cold I usually sit in my vehicle and fly. Usually when it’s -5 degrees or so I can’t stand outside more than a few minutes without gloves. So I just sit in my tundra with the heat blasted.

I've flown my P3P in NH with some serious cold weather, its just not a lot of fun. In a couple days will see the 40's, the only downside to that is we are going to have some massive pot holes LOL

Same here, we are getting above freezing today, I may have to take the birds out for some exercise :D

I usually sit in my vehicle and fly. Usually when it’s -5 degrees or so I can’t stand outside more than a few minutes without gloves. So I just sit in my tundra with the heat blasted.

What's that like? Do you get signal issues?

Frigid her in the Northeast too

I've flown my P3P in NH with some serious cold weather, its just not a lot of fun. In a couple days will see the 40's, the only downside to that is we are going to have some massive pot holes LOL

I’m in Massachusetts. Read and Westford just below Nashua New Hampshire. I’ve been flying through most of it as long as it’s not snowing or windy, I’m flying. I’ve been out flying today. Today is probably the best day I’ve seen in a while for flying. That crazy wind finally stopped. So I was excited to get out today. I would’ve been out early this morning but our pipes froze this weekend and I’ve been dealing with that.

Suppose to get in upper 20s today, low wind. it has been over 2 weeks since I could fly. Can't wait to get out this afternoon.

So I flew yesterday, Felt soooo gooood. Until it didn't. I was bring it back to land. Had to snake down through the trees to land on my deck. Took my eye off of it for a couple of seconds and heard it smack into the tree branches. Looked up, saw it tumble around, then righted itself, then brought it in for a landing. Had notches in three of the four props. I felt soooo lucky that it didn't drop to the ground. Checked it over, replace the props with a set of the new "quiet one". put in a new battery and started it up. Took off and did a short test flight, seemed to do ok, could definitely tell that is was quieter, so glad about that, seemed to fly pretty stable too. brought it back, landed and quit for the day. will go out again today. This photo is of the trees I was moving through to land on the back deck. All and all, I am a pretty lucky duck.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2141.jpg

Reactions: Clinton1
Can’t wait for the maiden voyage either. It’s been almost a month since I bought the bird. I flew my P4, but didn’t want to take the new MP out in undesirable weather and have issues with the warranty [emoji6]

After all that waiting, I had a flight with the “jello” effect [emoji17]. Disappointing for the first flight and now I’m second guessing my purchase....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest