DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Capture failed, shooting is currently not permitted.

M.K.Frenky

Reactions
I'm using Mavic Air. Please help, I'm not able been successfully took a single Panoramic photo with my mavic air, when want to take panorama 360 photo it said "Capture failed, shooting is currently not permitted." and I'm not in Sport mode and l not in individual unlocking zone. What is is issue?
3581df9be3b71af485c2ad205b574487.jpg

Reactions: JET17 and Piggy
You might have it in sport mode, or the wind is too high, or maybe your gimbal has some dust that's prohibiting movement. It happened to me, I blew some air around the gimbal and did the calibration step, hasn't happened since.

Put a faster SD card in.
Why are you filming at 1600 iso in daylight.? You must love the grain.
Also, never fly in auto or auto WB. Always, always fly in manual mode. Set your ISO to 100!

Can took video 2.7K no issues, normal photo also no issue, only panorama I can't take a single shot.
Even taking with internal storage, I still can't take a single shot.
I'm using latest firmware.
c00953717dcc4d5bdb9871e7732153e4.jpg
82999ca4510c79c089289b772cb89453.jpg
f9512316c390ebd94b87da2dccb9c0f6.jpg

New drone pilot here. What's your reasoning for saying to always fly it in manual mode?

I'll take a shot at that question if you don't mind. The basic answer is to keep a consistent brightness in the recording.

The built in light meter is designed to keep a certain 'overall' brightness in the scene.

Let's say you're flying down a road and the camera is pointed to the ground or trees for example.
If you then aim towards a bright sky the meter will change everything to darker because now the bright sky is taking up a lot of your image and the meter is adjusting to it.

If you see some of the same trees in the same frame with the sky
they will now be darker also and it just gets to look bad after a while because the brightness is all over the place.

If you're flying in manual mode as JA suggests the scene will have a nice constant overall brightness.

There are exceptions to the rules of course.

You do need to figure out what the important parts of your video are and set your exposure to those readings. One way is to point the MP towards whatever is important, if possible, change to manual mode using those settings.
Once again there are exceptions and it's hard to cover exceptions here.

You might want to read up on photo exposure.
Exposure of your video is controlled by ISO, Shutter Speed, Filters-if any, and aperture. If you change any one of those you need to change something in the other(s) to keep the same exposure. I think the aperture is fixed on the MP so you don't need to worry about it.

Hope this helps and isn't way more than you wanted to know....

Last edited:
Put a faster SD card in.
Also, never fly in auto or auto WB. Always, always fly in manual mode. Set your ISO to 100!
I never did anything with those, supposedly I'm using auto

Put a faster SD card in.

1600 is his shutter speed, not ISO! Auto mode can still be useful especially for beginners.
And he was not in filming mode but picture trying to take a pano.

I'll take a shot at that question if you don't mind. The basic answer is to keep a consistent brightness in the recording.

The built in light meter is designed to keep a certain 'overall' brightness in the scene.

Let's say you're flying down a road and the camera is pointed to the ground or trees for example.
If you then aim towards a bright sky the meter will change everything to darker because now the bright sky is taking up a lot of your image and the meter is adjusting to it.

If you see some of the same trees in the same frame with the sky
they will now be darker also and it just gets to look bad after a while because the brightness is all over the place.

If you're flying in manual mode as JA suggests the scene will have a nice constant overall brightness.
Also as JA suggests 1600 is way too bright for daytime.

There are exceptions to the rules of course.

You do need to figure out what the important parts of your video are and set your exposure to those readings. One way is to point the MP towards whatever is important, if possible, change to manual mode using those settings.
Once again there are exceptions and it's hard to cover exceptions here.

You might want to read up on photo exposure.
Exposure of your video is controlled by ISO, Shutter Speed, Filters-if any, and aperture. If you change any one of those you need to change something in the other(s) to keep the same exposure. I think the aperture is fixed on the MP so you don't need to worry about it.

Hope this helps and isn't way more than you wanted to know....

Very helpful response. I will now be switching over to manual mode and reading up on ISO, shutter speed and the other photo exposure components to improve the quality of my recordings. Thank you!

Reactions: copterbob
1600 is his shutter speed, not ISO! Auto mode can still be useful especially for beginners.
And he was not in filming mode but picture trying to take a pano.

I fixed the ISO error. ISO is ISO whether in pano, still or video. He asked about manual vs auto exposure.
Auto can indeed be useful. That's why I repeatedly mentioned exceptions to the rules.

I did some testing this morning.
I could reproduce this error. The solution i found is as follows:
When your WiFi settings are set to AUTO, i have the above mentioned error. (Shooting not permitted)
As soon i switch to CUSTOM channels, no matter 2.4 GHz or 5.8GHz, i was able to shoot the panoramas.

Sounds strange, but that was what i found out ...

When your WiFi settings are set to AUTO, i have the above mentioned error. (Shooting not permitted)
As soon i switch to CUSTOM channels, no matter 2.4 GHz or 5.8GHz, i was able to shoot the panoramas.

Wow, that would be cool if thats the fix eh?!

But my wifi is custom, i set it 5.8GHz with 149ch. Even i don't use any sdcard only internal memory, i still can't take any panorama photos. I also tried disable all the sensors, still same. Screenshot_2018-02-12-19-58-03-306_dji.go.v4.jpg
71897df96bc4102fa0f884608ce6e23b.jpg

Reactions: Chirp
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catalinbbc27