DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Capturing controller data on video

CAPTMJA

Reactions
Is there a function in the controller where I can capture the controller data in a video format? I understand I am not going to be able to get it from the drone, but I would like to be able to have the data as far as coordinates and altitude on the video. There are times I need to verify altitude and having it on the video would be a big help.
I thought maybe there might be a way to record the video off my iphone or ipad but I cant figure out how to successfully jump between apps. I can do a screen capture and that has been helpful, but it would be better on the video. Supposedly Apple doesnt like this for privacy reasons but Android has an app.

Thanks for your response.

With an Android device you can do it through a screen recording app. There's a lot out there so a search will yield you options. Apple supposedly just introduced screen recording on the iPhone with iOS 11, but that OS is only out in public beta version at this time. I haven't tried it yet on my iPhone 7. Thanks for reminding me! I'll see if I can download the beta and test it out when I get home. As long as the beta doesn't screw up my DJI GO4!

With an Android device you can do it through a screen recording app. There's a lot out there so a search will yield you options. Apple supposedly just introduced screen recording on the iPhone with iOS 11, but that OS is only out in public beta version at this time. I haven't tried it yet on my iPhone 7. Thanks for reminding me! I'll see if I can download the beta and test it out when I get home. As long as the beta doesn't screw up my DJI GO4!

Thanks for the info. I will check with APPLE on this as well!

I installed the public beta on my 7+ - the screen recording feature was extremely useful but the beta was very flaky generally and I worried it would give up the ghost while I was flying. With some kind help from my local Apple Store I removed it and will now wait for the gold version due out in September.

Reactions: Maxheadspace
I installed the public beta on my 7+ - the screen recording feature was extremely useful but the beta was very flaky generally and I worried it would give up the ghost while I was flying. With some kind help from my local Apple Store I removed it and will now wait for the gold version due out in September.

I read just now that 7 and 7+ had problems in beta 1 & 2 and also glitches in reverting back to iOS 10. I loaded iOS 11 on my tablet now and the improvements are dramatic. Computer-like features, such as having multiple windows open at the same time. Also tested screen recording and it was great. Won't try it on my 7+ phone, though.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11