DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Car insurance PSA

vindibona1

Reactions
Democratic Peoples Republic of Crook County
I am reminded to share this as my car insurance premium is due in a few days. I know a lot of folks here are over 50 (and in the US). This PSA may help you save some money.

I was a State Farm Auto Insurance customer since I was 16 years old. They'd never been the cheapest, but I had thought of them as being reliable...until 2 years ago when they denied a claim that they should have clearly paid. It was time to go insurance shopping. I'd gotten an ad through AARP, a membership which I have just to get some of the discounts available. I received an ad that AARP had a deal with The Hartford for car insuance. So why not get a quote?

I had been paying almost $1400 a year for mediore coverage. I was shocked when The Hartford quoted me $630 for BETTER coverage! Yeah.. less than half of State Farm. When I called to cancel the rep said that I would lose my multi-policy discount. How much would my homeowners rates go up? $38/year. I'll take that. I was equally shocked when The Hartford quoted me almost double on my homeowners, so I stayed put with State Farm (for the moment).

A year, plus a new car later, my car insurance has now risen to just over $800 for the year. I have to report that in that early summer my car suffered almost $3000 in hail damage and Hartford made it easy to get my car fixed (and the shop did a terrific job too). FWIW I called Geico and Progressive and they couldn't come close to the price or coverage that I get through AARP.

Just thought I'd share this info.

i will have to check out aarp. I already shop my insurance and am insured by different companies for the boat, car, and home. The only negative for me using different insurers is i cant get the umbrella so i have to pay for som summplemental.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929