DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Carbon Fiber ID and Tip Chips?

kimpanattoni

Reactions
Heya everyone, Kim here:

I was wondering as I read all of the Carbon Fibre prop threads... My roomie's MP Platinum came with a set of what appear to be CF props, but I am not certain now as I read about all of the wraps and other misnomers regarding CF. I am posting this particular question because I would like to know how to tell the difference. I am not sure what brand these are as there were no packages or sleeves. In the centre of the props, there is the letter "B" on all four sides. There are no markings other than that. The photos here show a wide shot, then the front of a tip and the backside of it -both on the front. Let me know what you think. :)

Thanks!

-Kim

Attachments

• Full Prop.png
    Full Prop.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 36
  • Tip Front.png
    Tip Front.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 36
  • Tip Rear.png
    Tip Rear.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 36
How to tell the difference between...................................

Probably best to toss those.

Reactions: Thomas B
How to tell the difference between...................................

Probably best to toss those.

Because of the chips and such? Likely. As for their being actual CF, I was watching the video Nick Corona posted, and as he talks about the traits, he is comparing rigidity. These are definitely far more rigid than the 8330 props. I know that these are not 3-blades, but in discerning the type, I am wondering if I have guessed correctly...?

Chips, yes. And them being carbon fiber.(they are not wrapped)
As far as the Nick thing goes, sorry, I’m not a fan.

Reactions: RMS001 and Thomas B
Chips, yes. And them being carbon fiber.(they are not wrapped)
As far as the Nick thing goes, sorry, I’m not a fan.

lol, not worried about one test if it is not peer confirmed and what not. I know nothing of Nick, really, I was just making a reference. :)

To some. But not all.

I wasn't recommending them. Everyone doesn't have to like something for it to be popular.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters