DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Carbon Fiber Propellers

Greetings Pilots,

Has anyone used or have any comments on the Carbon Fiber propellers for the Mavic Mini?

I have ordered a set from a reputable maker. COVID-19 has affected shipments in the region.

Before you rush out and buy carbon fiber props, especially if you might ever hand catch your drone, remember that they make knives out of that stuff. Fast spinning carbon fiber props are dangerous, and if you ever lose control near people, the consequences could be catastrophic. Maybe a mini isn’t as dangerous as my Inspire (for which I bought carbon fiber props but never installed them), but do you want to be responsible for the possible damage? Even a regular prop recently sliced a toddler’s eye in half.

Before you rush out and buy carbon fiber props, especially if you might ever hand catch your drone, remember that they make knives out of that stuff. Fast spinning carbon fiber props are dangerous, and if you ever lose control near people, the consequences could be catastrophic. Maybe a mini isn’t as dangerous as my Inspire (for which I bought carbon fiber props but never installed them), but do you want to be responsible for the possible damage? Even a regular prop recently sliced a toddler’s eye in half.
Do u think they will hold up better when colliding in stuff.what I’m really trying to say I’d do you think they will break or chip

Thanks for the advice. Safety should always be a priority no matter if its the Inspire or the Mini. I have not had any issues with the standard DJI propellers just looking to avoid any of the issues that seem to be popping up on the messages board with them folding up. I never fly around people, only landscapes and wildlife. Just looking to see if the Carbon Fiber propellers are better performance and quieter. Not that I find the standard ones make too much noise.

Do u think they will hold up better when colliding in stuff.what I’m really trying to say I’d do you think they will break or chip

I don't really recommend them. They hold up well if you hit tree branches, but chip or break, if you hit hard objects.

They also can injure people more seriously than regular composite props. I'm giving the MM CF props a spin, due to DJI's props having so much flex.

Reactions: Khayman
Thanks for the advice. Safety should always be a priority no matter if its the Inspire or the Mini. I have not had any issues with the standard DJI propellers just looking to avoid any of the issues that seem to be popping up on the messages board with them folding up. I never fly around people, only landscapes and wildlife. Just looking to see if the Carbon Fiber propellers are better performance and quieter. Not that I find the standard ones make too much noise.

1st time I was hit by a CF prop

Reactions: lucifiel
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143