Care Refresh or Local Insurance?

Squidinc

I come from a land “down under”
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
youtu.be
Hey guys,

My first year of DJI Care Refresh is running out this week. I've never had a crash (touch wood) over the last year that I have been flying my MA2. DJI have emailed me wanting to sign up for another year. A lot of what I have read on the forum suggests local insurance or repair is probably better value than the DJI plan. What do think?

Can anyone suggest some Australian drone Insurance options?

Cheers,
Paul

Reactions: RMS001 and crazeuk
I bought care refresh for my MM and never had a crash or anything. Luckily.

However it did end up getting stolen. The insurance was brilliant for that.

For me on my MM2 I realised it wasn't worth it, so went with private insurance which also has the public liability cover, which I always recommend.

Hey guys,

My first year of DJI Care Refresh is running out this week. I've never had a crash (touch wood) over the last year that I have been flying my MA2. DJI have emailed me wanting to sign up for another year. A lot of what I have read on the forum suggests local insurance or repair is probably better value than the DJI plan. What do think?

Cheers,
Paul
Would go with local insurance if you can find it. Then you don't have to deal with DJI and their sometimes lack of support - depending on where you are. Also should cover other things Refresh won't like mentioned above - being stolen.

Hey guys,

Cheers,
Paul
Absolutely!!!! Not only is it a better deal, you can be more assured that that coverage will be honored. Twice I’ve had coverage on drones, just recently Had my 2s break arm but I am told by DJI the policy I had it was not activated on the drone that broke because when I exchanged the original drawing for a new one at Best Buy then requested a transfer to the new drone, the email was sent a reply came saying it would be “handled from their “but it never was! Now I’m out $1300. Even when they do honor it takes days at least to get replies from customer service at support with We can refresh people. They are incompetent and I have heard this not just once but many times

Reactions: Squidinc
Absolutely!!!! Not only is it a better deal, you can be more assured that that coverage will be honored. Twice I’ve had coverage on drones, just recently Had my 2s break arm but I am told by DJI the policy I had it was not activated on the drone that broke because when I exchanged the original drawing for a new one at Best Buy then requested a transfer to the new drone, the email was sent a reply came saying it would be “handled from their “but it never was! Now I’m out $1300. Even when they do honor it takes days at least to get replies from customer service at support with We can refresh people. They are incompetent and I have heard this not just once but many times
Have decided not to refresh with DJI. Unfortunately so far in Australia I haven’t been able to find a reasonable insurance option for recreational flying like I do. It’s all geared to pro photographers & professional flying. So now I fly carefully over the Australian coast waiting for my time to come when my trusty MA2 goes to explore beneath the waves! ?

Reactions: Eaglesky77
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twistedpair