DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Care refresh..worth the cost??..thoughts.

Ajd24

Reactions
Hi,

I'm not completely new to flying but had a break for around a year.
Flown parrot bb1 and bb2 and now switched over to dji and bought a mavic mini 2.

With that said I just wanted people's thoughts on care refresh as I'm thinking to purchase.
Is it really worth it?..minor bumps I expect to have,things that don't really cause much damage if any.but does care refresh cover things like fly aways??..my thinking it is its dji and really wouldn't expect a fly away if everything is preflight checked correctly.

What's people's thoughts on whether it is really worth it.

Thanks in advance..

The Refresh only works if you can retrieve your drone , so a fly away and your drone sinking in the water would need to be recovered in order to use the Policy.

The biggest threat is the drone sinking in the water and the reason why we make the Mini 2 Rescue Jacket.
to secure your first time flights over the water.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 2 in the Rain and Land on the Water.

Just like any insurance, only worth it when you need it ;) And yes, if you get 2yr Care Refresh there is flyaway coverage...or so my agreement says.
"2. To make sure that your aircraft can enjoy the flyaway replacement service, please enter [Profile] - [Device Management] in the app to bind your DJI account with the aircraft in advance,"

Reactions: Ajd24
Hi,

I'm not completely new to flying but had a break for around a year.
Flown parrot bb1 and bb2 and now switched over to dji and bought a mavic mini 2.

With that said I just wanted people's thoughts on care refresh as I'm thinking to purchase.
Is it really worth it?..minor bumps I expect to have,things that don't really cause much damage if any.but does care refresh cover things like fly aways??..my thinking it is its dji and really wouldn't expect a fly away if everything is preflight checked correctly.

What's people's thoughts on whether it is really worth it.

Thanks in advance..
I have used DJI Refresh three times- once on Mavic Air (1), once on Mavic 2 Pro, and once on OM4 (Osmo gimbal 4). It is worth it in my opinion. Rather to pay a small fee than buy the new product. You will have to prove the unit is in air worthy condition to purchase Refresh after there 48 hour purchase window.

Reactions: Howard70 and Ajd24
My view on Refresh and any other kind of insurance is: don't buy it unless whatever loss it covers will severely hurt your financial situation. I can afford to replace my M2P if necessary (though I wouldn't be happy about it). I bought Refresh my first year because I figured the risks were high for a brand new pilot. By the second year, I had some idea of what I was doing so I didn't renew it.
Liability insurance, however, is a must-have for a drone pilot because the potential costs of causing an accident or property damage are really serious.

Last edited:
I recently bought a second-hand MPP, so care refresh was not an option. So I insured it with a State Farm PAP (personal articles policy). Yearly $75USD for $10,000 of coverage, so I added my DSLR and lenses, my daughter's laptop, and some of my wife's jewelry. It covers all losses, including theft, and I don't have to produce a dead Mavic carcass to make a claim.

Cheers for all the thoughts on the care refresh..I went ahead yesterday and covered for 12 months now..I read through and 1 flyaway is covered so worth it I thought,as would be my main concern due to hardware or software mess up.

There's a good video on using care refresh:

Pretty impressive service, basically a new drone in about a week.

Cheers for all the thoughts on the care refresh..I went ahead yesterday and covered for 12 months now..I read through and 1 flyaway is covered so worth it I thought,as would be my main concern due to hardware or software mess up.
Make sure you bind your drone and your remote to your policy!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Esccueje