DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

care refresh?

Ben_McPhee

Reactions
About to buy my first drone tomorrow - a Mavic Air 2 Fly More ($1899au worth). The drone alone costs $1499 here, with the rest being the value of the combo.

So I'm wondering about Care refresh. I've flown drones, but I'm pretty inexperienced in general.

I actually am going to spend a day or two in some pretty easy conditions somewhere, just getting a feel for it, before spending a few days flying it up and down the coast, hugging rocky coastlines over water (and if it crashes there, I'm almost definitely not getting that drone back).

Next, I'll be flying over a lot of desert type areas, where there won't be too much to hit, but I'm still hoping to get some great shots, which means I'll be flying close to obstacles and such.

So... to care refresh? Or not to care refresh? Worth the money?

And also, what's the turn around time on replacements? Because I'm kind of considering buying a backup drone and only unboxing it if I crash the first drone (for a later return), because I won't have a chance to buy another drone on the road if the worst should happen.

Reactions: raymairjr
It's my understanding the care refresh will only replace the drone, not accessories. I would would suggest DJI care refresh. You only have 48 hours to order it without going through a video documentation process. In the US, you can get State Farm hull replacement insurance and you add other accessories as well. I've read that you CAN get the AC replaced even if it's lost. However, I've read that State Farm may very likely not renew for subsequent years if you file a claim. That's why I'd get Care Refresh.

About to buy my first drone tomorrow - a Mavic Air 2 Fly More ($1899au worth). The drone alone costs $1499 here, with the rest being the value of the combo.

So I'm wondering about Care refresh. I've flown drones, but I'm pretty inexperienced in general.

I actually am going to spend a day or two in some pretty easy conditions somewhere, just getting a feel for it, before spending a few days flying it up and down the coast, hugging rocky coastlines over water (and if it crashes there, I'm almost definitely not getting that drone back).

Next, I'll be flying over a lot of desert type areas, where there won't be too much to hit, but I'm still hoping to get some great shots, which means I'll be flying close to obstacles and such.

And also, what's the turn around time on replacements? Because I'm kind of considering buying a backup drone and only unboxing it if I crash the first drone (for a later return), because I won't have a chance to buy another drone on the road if the worst should happen.
I would suggest getting it. I was too close to 2 Swans and one had a go at my drone ! I managed to RTH immediately but the gimbal is all messed with and some prop replacement. I just sent my Mavic Air ,with Care Refresh, to DJI fairly hassle free. Now we will see what I get back shortly as a replacement. Will report the progress.
I also got Care Refresh for a 3 week old Mav Air 2. I should have purchased it right then but did not. I followed the video report DJI asked me to make to prove the drone was new/undamaged and it seems to have worked. I will know in 3 days. Will report progress for future reference.

I'm new to this forum and was very interested in this subject. My wife gave me a MA2 FMC w/ Care Refresh. Glad to hear it's worth it. I'm going to flying over water a lot. I'm also an advanced SCUBA diver so hopefully I'll be able to retrieve it if I ditch it. I might add it to a policy I have for iDevices also just in case.

I'm new to this forum and was very interested in this subject. My wife gave me a MA2 FMC w/ Care Refresh. Glad to hear it's worth it. I'm going to flying over water a lot. I'm also an advanced SCUBA diver so hopefully I'll be able to retrieve it if I ditch it. I might add it to a policy I have for iDevices also just in case.
You have 48hrs to purchase Care Refresh after the MA2 purchsaand for the $69 it seems worth it. If you wait beyond the 48hrs DJI has you make a video of the drone, all its reports, show that the gimbal works., etc. Big pain in the *** but it is possible to then purchase Care Refresh after DJI support views and OK's the video. It is MUCH easier to buy it at the time of the drone purchase. State Farm does carry a policy for drones but of course NOT in the Commonwealth of Massachsetts!

Reactions: WizardEyes
You have 48hrs to purchase Care Refresh after the MA2 purchsaand for the $69 it seems worth it. If you wait beyond the 48hrs DJI has you make a video of the drone, all its reports, show that the gimbal works., etc. Big pain in the *** but it is possible to then purchase Care Refresh after DJI support views and OK's the video. It is MUCH easier to buy it at the time of the drone purchase. State Farm does carry a policy for drones but of course NOT in the Commonwealth of Massachsetts!
I did it today. I'm GTG.

Absolutely get it. I’ve been flying a MA for two years, paid for Refresh every year, and never had to use it but it makes me feel better. I’m getting it for my new M2P as well (have to do the video thing because they show I activated it hours before I did so was late buying it, which is an impossibility since I was literally in court working at that time while my drone was still shrink wrapped at home and they’re not budging, but whatever. Still worth the peace of mind if there’s a bird strike or something.

After Refresh for the first year, there's plus for the 2nd year but that's it, no third year that I'm aware of.
Plus not only gets you one refresh for the 2nd year, but extends the warranty for the full term of both so I recommend getting it before 6 months as some components only have 6 month warranty.

After Refresh for the first year, there's plus for the 2nd year but that's it, no third year that I'm aware of.
Plus not only gets you one refresh for the 2nd year, but extends the warranty for the full term of both so I recommend getting it before 6 months as some components only have 6 month warranty.
Excellent point!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato