DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cascade Brook, Mt Tom Reservation, Holyoke, MA

Mavic Mac

Reactions
Haven't flown my MA in a long time so I took advantage of the nice weather and a nice setting. A first for me, I tried my hand at shooting some moving water.

After completing the first run, with my ND 4 filter, I got back to my truck and was putting the MA away when I realized, Duh - I never hit the record button. So I climbed back down to shoot the video again. This time I did remember to hit the record button but forget to put the filter back on. My battery was low enough that I was going to chance a third try.

For the first time I tried some color correction in post editing.

Hopefully those of you that shoot video will take the time to critique it. That is how I learn.
I know some of shots are jerky - I think between the running water and the closeness of the water it cause the avoidance sensors to cause some of the movement. Also being down in a small ravine under trees I had poor satellite reception.

Cascade Brook

Last edited:
Reactions: sikspy and Thomas B
Reactions: Thomas B
Very technical flying. A+ for that but too jerky,as you mentioned, to make a good video. Nevertheless, I enjoyed watching your technique.

Very technical flying. A+ for that but too jerky,as you mentioned, to make a good video. Nevertheless, I enjoyed watching your technique.
Thank you for the input. Was flying without a good number of satellites and also close to the moving water. I think that combination created some of the jerkiness. In post editing I did cut out a lot – will probably try to edit more of the jerkiness out.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost