DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

IlluminationsfromtheAttic

Reactions

I filmed this video last week on a snowshoeing trip in the Cascade Mountains, I also put together a photo gallery on my blog:

Illuminations from the attic: Snowshoeing in the Cascade Mountains

The snowshoeing was a lot of fun, and the forst was spectacular under a thing coat of sparkling snow. Flying was tricky due to the fact that the mountain where we were snowshoeing was lost in clouds and fog. After about ten minutes of flying the Mavic 2 started behaving oddly, and kept losing altitude while hovering, then it tried to auto-land while the controller emitted a warning noise. I managed to pilot it back, and this is what I found!

LRM_EXPORT_797099922136201_20190227_104118824.jpeg

The lesson here is that you must be especially cautious of cold and wet conditions! However, it was worth it for shots like this:

Winter Forest Sphere.jpg

I'm planning to a lot of skiing over the next few months, and am going to be doing a lot more flying in the snowy mountains!

Great video by the way! Smooth flying , nice edits, interesting B Roll, proper selection of audio track.

Nice work, you manage to make slowshoing look almost exciting! Good job flying through the trees, and like BDOG says the music works well.

That is Rime ice that mostly forms on a leading edge of an airfoil. With 1/2 inch of rime ice on an airplane wing, you have lost at least 50% of your lift. On your airfoil I would estimate from 50- 70% loss of lift. If one blade throws off a little more ice than another, you will end up with severe vibrations.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catalinbbc27