DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Case for remote?

Black Corsair

Reactions
Pilots,

I'm one of the lucky ones that got my Mavic about two weeks ago. I was really lucky since I received it just the day before I left for an overseas job where it was needed!

Anyways, it has worked very well and has been perfect for this job, especially travel wise, with the many different locations used for this shoot. "Skeeter" just lived in my shoulder bag most of the time with a computer and a DSLR. That meant it went everywhere with me, even though we only got about 4-5 hours of flight time in over the 2 weeks.

I am wondering about the remote a bit since the joysticks aren't really protected when its just "tossed in the bag"? (In reality this shoulder bag has a padded divider and i carefully placed the remote in a way the it seemed like the joysticks wouldn't be damaged.)

Now that I am home I am wondering sourcing a small plastic box (or etc). that is only a bit bigger than the remote to safeguard against any issues when traveling.

Any ideas?

thanks

You could use a stick guard like this one:
b63d19bba5ac35435181c637cfc35f5c_preview_featured.jpg

While it's true the sticks can be removed with a bit of force, you might want to reconsider that option. The remote controller magnetically senses them, so they might need to be recalibrated often if you're constantly removing them. That's just a theory at this point though.

Reactions: Black Corsair
Thanks guys.
Just caught up on the sticks being removable, I thought I had read that they weren't.
Definitely interested in a guard or Printed box to keep things compact and safe.

my stick guard was just shipped! I don't like the abuse the sticks take in the DJI Mavic Man purse, even when you "corner" the remote. I am thinking this will help.

Not sure if this has already been mentioned anywhere but the Stick Guard is on Thingiverse as well.

Find it here DJI Mavic Stick Guard by Hovership if anyone wanted to print it rather than buy one already printed.

Thingiverse is great for just about anything, always worth checking if you have a printer. I've just printed myself one of these and it works great.
Foldable Tablet Holder for DJI Mavic by kundali (you do need a normal DJI tablet holder this is just the bracket and bits to fit it to the TX)

All I need now is the Mavic to put it on :mad:

How much would you charge to ship me one in Toronto, Ontario? :)
If you go on Thingiverse and Click the "Order this Printed" button you may be able to find someone local that will print it for you for a few bucks. From what I have seen it takes about 12-14 hours to print a box though so not sure what people are charging for that kind of printer time. I have not printed one yet so my estimate may be off.

EDIT: Sorry, I was thinking about the Mavic box, TX box is about 7-8 hours I believe for both parts.

If you go on Thingiverse and Click the "Order this Printed" button you may be able to find someone local that will print it for you for a few bucks. From what I have seen it takes about 12-14 hours to print a box though so not sure what people are charging for that kind of printer time. I have not printed one yet so my estimate may be off.

EDIT: Sorry, I was thinking about the Mavic box, TX box is about 7-8 hours I believe for both parts.
Hmm I may be blind but I don't see any order option :(

Hmm I may be blind but I don't see any order option :(
Oh, your right. I guess that design is not compatible. Strange as some of my designs are compatible with that service but I did not do anything special I am aware of. Maybe the design does not pass some kind of check. I have a 3D printer but not sure what it would cost to ship one to you plus I would probably want about $25 for time and materials. If you want to discuss further you can PM me.

Here are pics of the one I printed...

Attachments

• 20170116_192432.jpg
    20170116_192432.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 49
  • 20170116_192444.jpg
    20170116_192444.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 49
  • 20170116_192514.jpg
    20170116_192514.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Reactions: Heavysledz
I happened to have a hard clamshell case for a pair of old oakley frames with multiple lenses. No idea where the frames and lenses are, but the controller fit inside the case with minimal modification to the existing foam and I don't have any fear of throwing it into a bag, luggage, or even the trunk of my car. I'm guessing you could easily make something similar with a similar ski goggle case, some spray glue and some left over plucking foam or similar padding.

Attachments

• IMG_0622.JPG
    IMG_0622.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 26
Reactions: Helo
I happened to have a hard clamshell case for a pair of old oakley frames with multiple lenses. No idea where the frames and lenses are, but the controller fit inside the case with minimal modification to the existing foam and I don't have any fear of throwing it into a bag, luggage, or even the trunk of my car. I'm guessing you could easily make something similar with a similar ski goggle case, some spray glue and some left over plucking foam or similar padding.
Re-purpose, I like that.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair