DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Case Hack for Mavic Air 2 <$30

Nice. What did you use to cut it with.
I started with a razor, but that wasn’t the best... I picked out the cubes as much as possible, and then used a long serrated knife in short strokes... something you’d carve a turkey with. Should’ve used that the entire way!

Nice. I wish I as manly enough to do this myself. I have 10 thumbs and no tool skills. ?

Don’t beat yourself up.....everyone has things they are good at. In your case, you’re probably one of the world‘s best hitchhikers........so you got that going for you, which is nice.

• Haha
Reactions: coneslayer
I use the Harbor Freight Apache 3800. It holds my Mavic 2 zoom, Mavic 2 Pro, smartcontroller, extra battery, lanyard, strobes etc.. It's a sturdy case for less than $35.
I haven't used the plasticoat spray, but that sounds like a good idea.
I did the same yesterday. I got the 3800 for $25 with a 20% off coupon and a couple bucks left on a HF gift card. I haven't done the plasticoat spray yet either. If there's any things I should be aware of when doing it, it would be nice to hear from someone that has already done it. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_5499.JPEG
    IMG_5499.JPEG
    749.6 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_5500.JPEG
    IMG_5500.JPEG
    538.6 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_5501.JPEG
    IMG_5501.JPEG
    554.8 KB · Views: 34
Hey guys!

I didn’t want to wait on GPC, etc... just completed my case hack for the MA2 and detailed it for you in a quick video. Enjoy!

I just got something similar. I picked it all by hand and then glued together the parts that came apart with a glue gun. I did get a can of PlastiDip and wanted to do the same as you, but when I tested it on a piece of foam even after a few hours outside it still stank to high heaven of paint thinner. What's your experience? Does the smell go away?

And how many layers did you apply?

I just got something similar. I picked it all by hand and then glued together the parts that came apart with a glue gun. I did get a can of PlastiDip and wanted to do the same as you, but when I tested it on a piece of foam even after a few hours outside it still stank to high heaven of paint thinner. What's your experience? Does the smell go away?

And how many layers did you apply?

I just soaked it once, outside... it stank for a day and went away.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme