DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Case recommendations

atlasx2001

Reactions
Well..I searched this forum for cases and found too much information. There were even lists and pictures which were excellent. I just wanted to see if I can get some input for those that have cases already based on my use:

1) I will rarely be on a plane with it. Maybe 1-2 times a year.
2) Would like it form fit.
3) Want to ensure I protect the Mavic and controller.
4) Would like to have a place to store charger and batteries (can be another case).
5) Don't want to be excessively expensive but I know I'm trying to protect an expensive investment.

I did see a few smaller hold everything which seemed nice. I also noted some individual case. These are just a couple of exampes:

Amazon.com: DEEPLITE Hardshell Carrying Case for DJI Mavic Pro Drone and Controller + (2-Pack) Explosion-proof Li-Po Battery Bag: Toys & Games

Amazon.com: Portable Carrying Case for DJI Mavic Pro Storage Bag (10.8" x 10.6" x 4.3"): Camera & Photo

Any thoughts?

543cf12772d0629aed86bf1762bd9048.jpg

To me, since one of the greatest advantages of MP is it's portability I didn't want to get a big case that would impact on that, I choose the cheap and portable ones to protect the drone and controller:

Storage Box Cases for DJI Mavic Pro Drone Body & Remote Controller

The rest of the accessories (batteries, chargers and spare propperlers) I just accomodate in a regular backpack

This is the same debate I am having but also do like the idea of having it all in 1 place. I may end up with 2 cases.

My tablet holder fits and my sunshade fits behind the cover shoulder strap navigation lights thumb sticks covers All fit
198313172fdcd987409d90630a5a7b69.jpg
84267782addd35c527d80dfa39b9662a.jpg

Nice set up. I may expand to this in future as I can see why a tablet is better...for now, its a phone.

To me, since one of the greatest advantages of MP is it's portability I didn't want to get a big case that would impact on that, I choose the cheap and portable ones to protect the drone and controller:

Storage Box Cases for DJI Mavic Pro Drone Body & Remote Controller

The rest of the accessories (batteries, chargers and spare propperlers) I just accomodate in a regular backpack

I already have a Pelican that would fit perfectly (1400? 1410? I forget) but I have the same thinking and went with the same cases. It's perfect. They also fit perfectly in one easy access compartment of my camera bag, so I can have MP and remote in one side, DSLR in the other side, and a few accessories and snacks in the top.

I have the CaseMatix Dronesafe that I bought from Amazon for $40. I slightly modified the foam to take tension off of the charger cables as well as cutting a small spot for some replacement propellers. Great case and counts as your personal item on a flight.

View media item 923

4405882b58a32742a5903ec5e44e6e54.png
d74d116c82df7f9f12d4fb7f5ff55dbb.png
here is my flight from a 52 minute flight and some of my flight logs all of them average 4 to 6 miles

I see you ain't playing out there[emoji41][emoji41][emoji41]!!! Where did you purchase the external battery adapters and antennas, the batteries and how did you mod the controller?

Well..I searched this forum for cases and found too much information. There were even lists and pictures which were excellent. I just wanted to see if I can get some input for those that have cases already based on my use:

1) I will rarely be on a plane with it. Maybe 1-2 times a year.
2) Would like it form fit.
3) Want to ensure I protect the Mavic and controller.
4) Would like to have a place to store charger and batteries (can be another case).
5) Don't want to be excessively expensive but I know I'm trying to protect an expensive investment.

I did see a few smaller hold everything which seemed nice. I also noted some individual case. These are just a couple of exampes:

Amazon.com: DEEPLITE Hardshell Carrying Case for DJI Mavic Pro Drone and Controller + (2-Pack) Explosion-proof Li-Po Battery Bag: Toys & Games

Amazon.com: Portable Carrying Case for DJI Mavic Pro Storage Bag (10.8" x 10.6" x 4.3"): Camera & Photo

Any thoughts?

I'm looking for one as well. My requirements are: Protection when thrown into my car for trips (Hard shell), I can easily see it, bright color or I can put bright tape on it), It fits my Mavic soft bag packed and ready to go (open case take out the packed drone bag, go hike). Not over $100. I can put all my "home base" items in it along side the filled drone bag, i.e. chargers, extra batteries, ipad etc.
What is leading the choice pack is: Amazon.com : Smatree GA700-3 Water-Resist Hard SmaCase for Gopro Hero 5 / 4 / 3+ / 3 / 2 / 1 : Camera & Photo
It's not too big to be bulky and it seems big enough to do what I want it to do. I'll have to put bright tape on it to find it though. The price is pretty good to for what you get.

I see you ain't playing out there[emoji41][emoji41][emoji41]!!! Where did you purchase the external battery adapters and antennas, the batteries and how did you mod the controller?

https://squareup.com/market/uav-rep...ffiliate&utm_source=phg&utm_term=1011l47jacTQ
This guy did the mod for me so I could put the different antennas on the remote

After you get the controller modded these are the best antennas to buy MAVIC PRO CP ANTENNA KIT - FPVLR

and last but not least this is where you get the XT 60 plug from to extend the battery life when you order from these guys in their description they will send you a double plug don't order that one tell him you want to separate plugs one horizontal one vertical DJI Mavic pro mods power adaptor clip phantom 3 pro/adv

a1e98301455a1da93be9d45e1297de60.jpg

Plus all those records are in the city I live in Detroit and I'm getting that kind of range sitting on my front porch

Reactions: kylerf150
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143