DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Casey Neistat's 2nd Mavic

flumpet

Reactions
So whilst everyone around the world is still waiting for their Mavic. Casey neistat has received his replacement Mavic

image.png

I hope he doesn't crash it soon.

On the other hand, I'm in SFO for a short trip, anyone wants to fly at the bay bridge later?

image.jpeg

It doesn't fall under a NFZ in the Hover app and it isn't near any aerodome a so I'm presuming it's ok to fly.

Wonder if he got bumped to the front of the line or not.. he said he ordered one as soon as they were announced like a lot of other people

Wonder if he got bumped to the front of the line or not.. he said he ordered one as soon as they were announced like a lot of other people

He was at the release so most likely he was given a priority ship code.

Yeah, they would have been good to have gotten him a new one before he got that Karma. He seems to like the Karma for the most part.

Or at least isn't calling it the worst drone ever quite yet at least lol

Yeah, they would have been good to have gotten him a new one before he got that Karma. He seems to like the Karma for the most part.

Or at least isn't calling it the worst drone ever quite yet at least lol

I think this maybe why he has been given anew one ........

I don't care much for him (Casey), but he has undeniably found his niche within this YouTube crap and he's making a living from it.

It's Free advertising for DJI, so why wouldn't they send him another one quickly. 6 million followers with a link to his favorite drone, the Mavic.

Sent from my SM-G928T using MavicPilots mobile app

Reactions: Dominic Cantin
I'm not a fan, but at the end of the 6million people are. Welcome to the world of online capitalism

Reactions: Dougie
I like Casey.... I see him for what he is.... entertainment.

And if I could make a living doing that I would!

Anyway.... doesn't he have to have a Part 107 FAA license?

He never mentions it and his birds don't have FAA#'s on them?

He is using it to further his business isn't he?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

He's worth millions, I'm sure they'll be just fine.

Not to say he shouldn't be more conscious of the rules

Not a fan, but good for him, lots of peanut butter jealous on this forum complaining about everything lol.

Reactions: FPVJunkie
I have cleaned the thread up and moved it to off topic. Lets remember to abide by the guidelines when participating on the forums. Discussion is welcome, arguing and personal attacks are not.

images

They guy works hard. Whether I like him or not is totally beside the point and no one is unanimity anyway. So I give that: he's doing it and 6M followers is huge. It's not easy to be a Youtube or whatever celebrity, takes time and sweat to even get to that level, and then you need to keep doing it better and better all the time because... well, because just like in any other job there's a line of folks willing do it even better than you and take your spot (and some will, this is a fugazzi thing the internet so the next CN might be just around the corner).

So you gotta put A LOT of hours into everything just to be there. From making your videos (which include lots of filming then editing then promoting, etc.), to attending events and kissing tons of a$$ (some are nice, most are boring...), you need a lot of energy and will to do what he and these other guys and gals do. We only get to see the nice part which is getting free stuff and trying it well ahead of regular "us", but I'd bet he works pretty hard to make it happen!

Reactions: moocows42
no one directly addressed the video where he flew in a restricted area,was told not to fly by law enforcement,yet flew anyway not to mention picked up a fan boy to consipre in his efforts because of his notoriety

Sent from my SM-G935V using MavicPilots mobile app

Reactions: halley
Because you have no idea what actually happened because you weren't there.

You're assuming because a cop walked up to him at the end of one shot that he was told not to fly, and that it was a restricted area. Maybe he was.. and maybe it was. Or maybe the cop just wanted him to take off somewhere else where there were less people around. You don't know, so drop the holier than thou BS and get over it.

Reactions: moocows42
aye most of us have at least had the thought of pushing our aircrafts beyond what we're supposed to whether we did so or not.But to be a person of that magnitude and with that degree of influence to do so and post it publicly to youtube for his followers to see isn't in the best interest of this hobby nor is it responsible.

Sent from my SM-G935V using MavicPilots mobile app

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada