DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini Castle in the city shots. Feedback welcomed

A little fast on the pan movements at about 1:30 in. You could try flying in tripod mode or otherwise slow down your joystick response time in the setup. Another option is to slow it down in editing.

One trick I use in place of a software transition or hard cut is to insert a still frame between 2 clips then pan and zoom through that frame in order to loosely tie the theme together. (aka, Ken Burns effect)

Generally, very good !

Last edited:
Nice overall. Just a little too long. Most people won’t last more than a couple minutes, especially if you are simply capturing the same subject throughout the video.

Reactions: Squidinc
When you fly up or down, the speed of the move is very good. But there was a bit too much up and down. Mix it up with some other shots. Back up and fly past the place, right over it. Startwith the Toronto skyline and back up to reveal Casa Loma (that was it, right?). Do a circle around the castle, that's always a great shot. Also a shot looking straight down over the castle would be cool. Good music. Yes, shorten the whole thing even if you mix up your shots more.

A bit too much up and down. And somewhat too close maybe. I miss a bit the whole castle. I would also add a shot flying backwards. Just my thoughts. Overall nice.

A little fast on the pan movements at about 1:30 in. You could try flying in tripod mode or otherwise slow down your joystick response time in the setup. Another option is to slow it down in editing.

One trick I use in place of a software transition or hard cut is to insert a still frame between 2 clips then pan and zoom through that frame in order to loosely tie the theme together. (aka, Ken Burns effect)

Generally, very good !
Great advice. Will look into slowing down joystick response. That has been my issue right now. It rotates too quickly and it is inconsistent with my finger. Would be nice if it could slow down in software settings.

Generally good. Does need some lateral movements introduced though. And yes, longer than it needed to be. Lost me after a couple of minutes, ended up just scrubbing through.

...........One trick I use in place of a software transition or hard cut is to insert a still frame between 2 clips then pan and zoom through that frame in order to loosely tie the theme together. (aka, Ken Burns effect)........
Great idea, have to try that.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada