DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Casual - What do you do with your drone?

• Thread starter Deleted member 49217
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 49217

As a casual user, I haven't used my Mavic Air for a while. I am not interested in recording forests and fields. Mainly family trips or events but those do not happen often.

How do you use your drone if you are not a professional photographer?

At this moment in time, I'm still practising. How the drone reacts to what moevment, looking at the footage to see what I want to do different (and might get better results). In July, I have a lot of time to do so and to gather content in Sweden.
For the future, I consider it to be another option for making videos, an aditional camera so to say.

I live in the Midwest and we’ve had historical flooding over the last couple months so I have been using mine to document all the damages from the event. I’m an Emergency Management professional so taking photos and videos to look back on 10-20 years down the road will be interesting. I always document any disaster I’m involved with by taking pics. Figure it will be interesting to share with my kids when they get older.

Unfortunately I live near London so I haven't been able to do anything with my MA for weeks its been like a rain forest here.
For those lucky enough not to live under constant storm warnings ...
Just enjoy what ever you do with your Drone.

[emoji106][emoji576]

Reactions: Robzilla
i use mine to get me out in the fresh air,to enjoy flying it alone,or with friends,to get video footage of great country side where i live and to enjoy the whole hobby of UAV ownership,because i am retired i have the luxury of having the time to fly,when the weather allows, it is very rewarding to fly my 5 batteries at various locations, and then when i get home it is good to download them onto my computer and view the footage, it is like having a moving photo album and the memories are great to keep, also the battery upkeep and looking after the UAV is all part of the hobby

I usually just zoom around different areas try to find new areas to fly in if there's a good pic or video I just snap a shot or just start record not on anything particular just things or something that looks good. My girl's the photographer if we kill three or four batteries in a flight session each were spending time together LOL other than that its more of the birds eye view thats really cool to me......

Mainly photography and similar to what I do with a DSLR. Video over rolling hills during a good flower bloom is something I look for. Sunset and sunrise over lakes and river offers up some fantastic views. I do like shooting some Ag related stuff. Have yet to use it in any off roading stuff I do but plan to.

Bad knees (and an ugly slice) ended my golf hobby. Drone photography reinvigorated the old photographer in me. Enjoy the outdoor photos/vids and editing.

Pretty much just fly the golf course I work at and at the family farm. Most of the golfers know me and want to see the video I shoot of them golfing.

Unfortunately I live near London so I haven't been able to do anything with my MA for weeks its been like a rain forest here.

[emoji106][emoji576]
I live in Notting hill and nowhere to fly -very unsatisfactory.

[emoji106][emoji576]
Man that really sucks to have to go for weeks without getting to fly. I get maybe a 2-3 day stretch occasionally of rain, I can't imagine weeks of it. I know that rainy and overcast is pretty typical for the UK, but dose it usually last for weeks at a stretch? I sincerely hope the weather clears up for you. Cheers

I fly some Litchi missions to check our stock tanks and water lines (green spots tell a story), manual flights to check on cows' whereabouts, still shots at regularly timed intervals over the garden to view its progress, video and still shots to compare pasture conditions over time (drought is common here), and scenery videos and pics for the fun of it.

To fly into, around, and over places you can’t go to.. lighthouse out in the bay. Hercules Explosives Plant site.. boat graveyard.. of old train stations. Abandoned areas and buildings.

There are fun stock photo sites where you could make a few bucks and they have contests.

Attachments

• B5D156A2-A733-45F9-89F2-4038F4F80970.jpeg
    B5D156A2-A733-45F9-89F2-4038F4F80970.jpeg
    8.4 MB · Views: 138
As a casual user, I haven't used my Mavic Air for a while. I am not interested in recording forests and fields. Mainly family trips or events but those do not happen often.

How do you use your drone if you are not a professional photographer?
If I'm not traveling we go to county parks and take pictures. I have found that mundane areas and bridges look a lot different from the air.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian