DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CE or FCC

alan860

Reactions
Hi.

I’m thinking of getting a Mavic Air 2, currently for a mini which is limited in range due to being a CE variant.

If I were to say get an FCC Air 2, would it be restricted in the UK or would it be good for the full FCC range?

The setting on the drone is determined by your location (via the gps), so you may as well just buy one from the uk.
If you travel to the US, or another fcc area it will automatically switch, then when you come home it will switch back.

Reactions: alan860
I thought that. The us version of the mini has stronger 5.8ghz but I believe if you bring it to Europe the power is knocked back. Figured the MA3 would be the same.

There is no such thing as a CE or FCC Air 2. When it connects GPS, it figures out if it's in CE or FCC territory and sets it's radio properties accordingly.

Can't you fly far enough away to be beyond VLOS there

Reactions: InvisibleName
Hi.

I’m thinking of getting a Mavic Air 2, currently for a mini which is limited in range due to being a CE variant.
The Mini range limitation of the Mini is due to it using wifi.
The Air 2 uses Occusync which works over a much greater range, even in CE.
Compare the specs
Max Transmission Distance (unobstructed, free of interference)
Mavic Mini
2.4 GHz: 2000 m (MIC/CE)
5.8 GHz: 500 m (CE)

Mavic Air 2

6 km (CE)

The Mini has hardware differences between CE and FCC. Example: FCC version won't operate in 2.4Ghz band anywhere.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada