DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cedar Breaks National Monument

Vic Moss

Premium Pilot
Reactions
100% legal flight. Flown from outside the Monument. I even double checked with the Rangers to make sure I was outside their lands. They said many fly from there. Pretty cool to run across NPS folks who know the rules. Glad to see them gaining that knowledge.

100% legal flight. Flown from outside the Monument. I even double checked with the Rangers to make sure I was outside their lands. They said many fly from there. Pretty cool to run across NPS folks who know the rules. Glad to see them gaining that knowledge.

Beautiful footage and music track, steady shots, great scenery. I was a bit annoyed by the two logos. Maybe use them at first few seconds and at the end to give us a more unobstructed view of the gorgeous scenery.

Reactions: Vic Moss

Great scenery, well done.Good music.

Reactions: Vic Moss
Not quite 100% legal.
After all, VLOS rule was not followed.
Perhaps one day the FAA will relax this one for all....
Actually, VLOS was followed, in spirit.

The M2P can easily be BLVOS at as little as 400' under poor lighting conditions.

The point of BVLOS is that you know where you bird is, and you have a clear view of the airspace so you can see and avoid. I knew where my bird was thanks to telemetry, and I had a perfect view of airspace so I would have had plenty of time to see and avoid if any manned aircraft had some into the area. And since it's a National Monument, they are requested to stay 2000' above the park.

I definitely wasn't worried, but you do raise a good point. 99% legal technically, 100% legal in spirit.

Also the FAA knows about my flight, and they're fine with it. I checked with some of my contacts.

Thanks for the comment!

Beautiful footage and music track, steady shots, great scenery. I was a bit annoyed by the two logos. Maybe use them at first few seconds and at the end to give us a more unobstructed view of the gorgeous scenery.

Yeah, it's always a fine line between having logos or not. I watermark all of my social media uploads in order to protect my copyright. I've had imagery downloaded and scrubbed by people who don't have permission to use it. The logos make it harder to do so, and can be used to prove intent in court if it comes down to that.

It's a compromise.

Reactions: W2EJ
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser