DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cell calls in Flight

Opieos

Reactions
Quick curiosity question

I originally started using my Air 2 with my Samsung Note but switched to an iPad mainly for more screen space.

I also got the thought in my head that I wasn't sure what would happen if a cell call came in.......most like to renew my car warranty ;)

Anyone experience this and is there an issue?

Thanks

Opieos

I also got the thought in my head that I wasn't sure what would happen if a cell call came in
Your phone doesn't control the drone, it just shows you the images from it.
The controller is what's controlling the drone and even if you switched the phone off, you still have complete control of teh drone.

I also got the thought in my head that I wasn't sure what would happen if a cell call came in.......most like to renew my car warranty ;)

Yes: just ignore the call (all smartphones can multi-task).

Quick curiosity question

I originally started using my Air 2 with my Samsung Note but switched to an iPad mainly for more screen space.

Thanks

Opieos
Had my 5 year old grandson FaceTime me while I was landing my MPP. No problem. It was my fault not to turn on Airplane Mode.

Reactions: Chartman and Opieos
I actually decided to use my older phone and clean it up specifically for drone usage, I tend to Not trade in my phones when I upgrade, so I've a small collection that I can choose from. Currently have it setup with my Note 7.

Reactions: Opieos
I received a call just the other day while flying. It’s no big deal, I just explained that I was flying the drone and I would call back. I could still see on my screen what the drone was doing during the call. Probably the biggest potential problem is pilot distraction if in a critical area. I am not known for my multitasking abilities.?

ha! That was my concern losing the video feed from the drone and of course being distracted

"Your vehicle warranty is about to expire!"

Reactions: Opieos
Quick curiosity question

Thanks

Opieos
How lucky to have someone watching over your car warranty like that..most likely a guy from another country.

• Haha
Reactions: Opieos and Tentoes
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22