DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cell phone

Oman

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Hello everybody
I have a question regarding cell phone and. a tablet. I have Air 2S which I'am using a Samsung S7 phone on the controller. I want to go with a Samsung tablet instead. The question I have is do i have to have WIFI, BLUETOOTH, GPS IF so which one's do I need ?
Thank you oman

Oman, I know you said you want to use a Samsung tablet, but here is an ALTERNATIVE. With the 20 dollar coupon, it's roughly 189 before tax & shipping. It meets all the criteria for DJI fly, and works well. You will need a sunshade in bright sun.

If money is not an issue then Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 WiFi. You don't need Bluetooth/ WiFi/ GPS to fly the drone but the Tab S7 has it all anyway. You Will need a tablet mount & sunshade as well.

Hello everybody
I have a question regarding cell phone and. a tablet. I have Air 2S which I'am using a Samsung S7 phone on the controller. I want to go with a Samsung tablet instead. The question I have is do i have to have WIFI, BLUETOOTH, GPS IF so which one's do I need ?
Thank you oman
My Lenovo Tab 10 has only Wi-fi and will only work when close to a wi-fi signal (home). No requirements to fly and you won't likely have bluetooth, wi-fi, or even a cell signal depending where you fly. The FlyApp / drone takes care of GPS.

Some have said without cell, the "compass" feature does not work - but never had that issue. I also rarely use compass / the map (lower left screen) to fly with - just an occasional disorientation which can happen.

I got the aluminum SkyReat tablet holder and it works great for the 10" tablet. The tablet works 10x better than my phone. Much like going from an old 17" computer monitor to a 30"+ one.

My Lenovo Tab 10 has only Wi-fi and will only work when close to a wi-fi signal (home). No requirements to fly and you won't likely have bluetooth, wi-fi, or even a cell signal depending where you fly. The FlyApp / drone takes care of GPS.

Some have said without cell, the "compass" feature does not work - but never had that issue. I also rarely use compass / the map (lower left screen) to fly with - just an occasional disorientation which can happen.

I got the aluminum SkyReat tablet holder and it works great for the 10" tablet. The tablet works 10x better than my phone. Much like going from an old 17" computer monitor to a 30"+ one.
Thank you oman

Reactions: Hidden
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deltabird