DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cell service?

Shakey Jake

Reactions
Does it matter on who you use? I have terrible screen lag/pixelation. Sent it in and they sent new rc/drone. Same issues. I've replicated these issues on my s10+ S8 and samsung tab s2. Yes yes not on their fn optimized list. And today I get s ipad mini 5..again I know not optimized. Installed dji a million times..I tried my daughter's iphone8..much better tolerable in fact. So it's going in again. My friend has a s10+ with Verizon and I'm uscellular..he has perfect screen clarity with a mavic pro same as me..can cell service be an issue?

Does it matter on who you use? I have terrible screen lag/pixelation. Sent it in and they sent new rc/drone. Same issues. I've replicated these issues on my s10+ S8 and samsung tab s2. Yes yes not on their fn optimized list. And today I get s ipad mini 5..again I know not optimized. Installed dji a million times..I tried my daughter's iphone8..much better tolerable in fact. So it's going in again. My friend has a s10+ with Verizon and I'm uscellular..he has perfect screen clarity with a mavic pro same as me..can cell service be an issue?
Cell service makes no difference because your drone, controller and the app don't use cell service

Look here to learn how to configure your phone.

Forget DJI's list as they rarely test anything and there are many phones and tablets that work perfectly well which are not listed by DJI.

Reactions: Shakey Jake
Cell service makes no difference because your drone, controller and the app don't use cell service

Look here to learn how to configure your phone.

Forget DJI's list as they rarely test anything and there are many phones and tablets that work perfectly well which are not listed by DJI.
Yeah I read that before. It's just mind boggling that 4 items I've tried all netted same results and based on that site and the hoops i would have jump through to fly a drone is ridiculous when several friends have the same and just connect and go. I'm not a IT guy. Lol. I'm trying a iPhone 7s thursday to see and paying 35 to return the mini 5 for restocking. Gotta love DJI.

Yeah I read that before. It's just mind boggling that 4 items I've tried all netted same results and based on that site and the hoops i would have jump through to fly a drone is ridiculous when several friends have the same and just connect and go. I'm not a IT guy. Lol. I'm trying a iPhone 7s thursday to see and paying 35 to return the mini 5 for restocking. Gotta love DJI.
Since many others have been using those same devices without problems, it suggests that the issue is not DJI or the devices and is probably something in your configuration.
Have you tried different cables?

There are some cables that are charge only, but since you are getting a glitchy screen image you obviously have a data cable.
But have you tried some other cables to eliminate your existing cable as a potential cause of your issue?
Actually I'm trying my sons iPhone 7s in the morning. I tried a iPhone 8 with great results and minimal pixelation. And my friend who is a professional and commercial pilot and flies 5 dji drones as her job, meeting this weekend to try cables on mine and my different monitors on hers to see if my RC is a culprit. Been in contact with DJI TECH and this their suggestions. After this weekend I need to decide if I send it in before my case closes. Looking at all avenues because all this " developer settings " or downgrading to previous go 4 apk is ******** and bad business. So I will try and cover all bases and keep everyone apprised of what I learn or try. Thanks for listening..very frustrating..think I should have bought a more current m2 drone.

Andy

Reactions: sarniac
Looking at all avenues because all this " developer settings " ... is ******** and bad business.
Can you confirm that you have followed the configuration advice including enabling Developer Mode, from the link in post #2?
It's not clear from your last post.

Can you confirm that you have followed the configuration advice including enabling Developer Mode, from the link in post #2?
It's not clear from your last post.
So my friends, one who has same device and mavic 1 pro as I do and another has a business around drones and flies 5 different ones, that when we get together they simply hook up and go where as I must go through Developer setting and shutting apps down and more to put my craft in the air is ridiculous. 1400 for a fly more (or less in this case) a visit to DJI and get a replacement, to date 5 devices, and bought a iPad mini for iOS instead of android is asking a lot. I'm hooking up my devices..android and new ipad to my friends DJI to rule out my devices. In a couple hours hooking my sons iPhone 7s to test that and this weekend going to try different cables my friend uses on her DJI drones.

Sorry this was the long version of your question. No I have not enabled developer settings. I tried downgrading but everytime I try and load it the app says it's missing a resource file. DJI tech arrived against downgrading and internet searches and YouTube vids are all pre mid year 2018 and older. Not much new relevance out there as would pertain to the mavic pro 1 platform. So if no satisfaction comes of these two meet ups, I have only week and a half to send it back probably get another refurbished pile after I spent good money on new..

Again thank you for reading and taking the time to help. Looking forward to my friend this weekend going thru things to compare with her DJI drones. ?

No I have not enabled developer settings.
So you are complaining about a glitchy performance from your Android device but haven't gone through the advice I offered to properly configure your Android device?
I can't understand that.
It takes a few minutes, you do it once and everything should be fine after that.
It's no big deal.

I have been messing with settings such as yours for 4 months. Today I used both my android and sons iPhone 7s and we went thru closed all background running apps. Shut down power saving went thru developer and tried airplane mode all on both phones. Flew thru 2 batteries trying settings. My image transmission showed a flat green line on both phones. Weather outside or inside to eliminate any cold it lagged. I can link it fly it. While it pixelates I can take a picture and it clears for a moment then starts lagging again. Pictures I took are fantastic! All this on either iOS or my android. I even tried connecting either phone thru the USB.

Thank you again..I'm just frustrated from this. Bought in October '19 I have a total of like 6 hrs fly time.

Currently trying to meet up with s friend who just bought a m1 pro like mine and uses same phone with no issues to rule out my RC..

I had similar problems with MA, MM, P4. One thing that I found resolved my problems (don't really know why) was to change in video settings the fps from 30 to 25.

I would suggest trying a real early version of the go app, nowhere near as resource hungry. I am still on 4.0.4
Start here:

Then, failing that, depending on what you have on your device, I would do a factory reset of the device, keep it "stock", no other tweaks and then just install the go app (version your choice) and see what happens.

Unfortunatly, Andyroids, being open sourced, and every devicev manufacturer out there has a slightly different version/build.

I would suggest trying a real early version of the go app, nowhere near as resource hungry. I am still on 4.0.4
Start here:

Then, failing that, depending on what you have on your device, I would do a factory reset of the device, keep it "stock", no other tweaks and then just install the go app (version your choice) and see what happens.

Unfortunatly, Andyroids, being open sourced, and every devicev manufacturer out there has a slightly different version/build.
So thanks very much! Today I went thru developer settings again and cleared 50 or so ******** apps..lol. checked everything and same terrible pixelation...so I called tech..again!

This time around I got a tech that agreed there is a issue. On phone for an hour he said last time they replaced my drone only..not my RC! I thought bought were new. While I was on phone with him I emailed screen shots of my s10+, s8, tabS2, iPhones 8 and 7s, mini 4, and a new mini 5 I just bought! I also said that when flying and pixelated I could snap a picture and it would clear up then repixelate after a couple seconds. He said it sounds like an RC issue and since it was my original RC they sent back it would make sense I'm still having issues. Also he understands that most issues with non supported devices is app installs or flight..not pixelation since my drone flies beautiful and does take awesome pics..very cool tech. I got a new case # and he is escalating the repair for faster turn around.

Hopefully this will do it! Thanks to everyone for tolerance of my frustrations!

Andy

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrose