DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

cellular data required for DJI Fly app

W5CI

Reactions
Page 34 of the Mavic Mini manual says that Cellular data is required when using the DJI Fly app. Is this true and if so is there a way around it?? also how long should IPhone battery last while connected to the controller. I started with a full charge and by the time I got everything set up and ready to try to fly the phone battery was down to 10% and Mini wouldn't start. I have very marginal cell signal here at best. TIA

Page 34 of the Mavic Mini manual says that Cellular data is required when using the DJI Fly app. Is this true and if so is there a way around it?? also how long should IPhone battery last while connected to the controller. I started with a full charge and by the time I got everything set up and ready to try to fly the phone battery was down to 10% and Mini wouldn't start. I have very marginal cell signal here at best. TIA
you do not need cellular to fly just when doing updates you should put your phone into airplane mode and make sure you have no apps running in the background apart from the fly app
i flew 3 batts with my ipad the other day and still had some 78% battery left

Reactions: Hidden and Capt KO
you do not need cellular to fly just when doing updates you should put your phone into airplane mode and make sure you have no apps running in the background apart from the fly app
i flew 3 batts with my ipad the other day and still had some 78% battery left
thank you, I did as you suggested and all is well with my first ever flight. thank you again

thank you, I did as you suggested and all is well with my first ever flight. thank you again
glad i could help and you had your flight hope you continue to enjoy your new hobby happy flying

Reactions: W5CI
Page 34 of the Mavic Mini manual says that Cellular data is required when using the DJI Fly app. Is this true and if so is there a way around it?
It's only required if you want to use features that require and Internet connection while flying (like downloading the maps). No DJI drone requires an Internet connection to fly.

Reactions: GadgetGuy and W5CI
You do not need cellular data when using the Fly App to fly.

I am using an iPhone 6 plus, with no sim card and airplane mode on, whenever I fly my drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent