DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cellular keeps disconnecting from remote

pepelessi

Reactions
Hi,

My Oppo Find x3 pro has always working fine with the controller of my Mavic air 2.
Since the last time I tried, a couple of days ago, when I connect the cable of the remote to the mobile, I hear a chime and the recharging icon on my Oppo turns on. Then, all of a sudden, it disconnects (charging icon turns off), then reconnects again and so on. Obviously, with this situation, I cannot get to establish a connection with the drone...
I tried my wife's phone and it works smoothly.
Any suggestions? Thank you.

Since the last time I tried, a couple of days ago, when I connect the cable of the remote to the mobile, I hear a chime and the recharging icon on my Oppo turns on. Then, all of a sudden, it disconnects (charging icon turns off), then reconnects again and so on.
Do you have this set on your phone to allow transferring files when you connect the USB cable?
i-vP3GkHS-L.jpg

I think it's a good intuition, but to be honest I cannot find that under my phone's settings.
Also, this might show up when I connect a USB cable, but it does not.
I feel we're getting closer :)

I think it's a good intuition, but to be honest I cannot find that under my phone's settings.
Also, this might show up when I connect a USB cable, but it does not.
I feel we're getting closer :)
The usual way to find that setting is to swipe down from the top of the screen after you connect the cable.

Reactions: hiflyer201
From your description in post #1, it sounds like your phone/cable has developed an intermittent connection problem. The Oppo was working but not now.

You've tried a different phone - and it works - but have you tried a different cable with your Oppo? You might also try cleaning the charging port on the phone, it can get dust/lint inside.

The usual way to find that setting is to swipe down from the top of the screen after you connect the cable.
True, but in no way I seem to be able to do that on this case (see image, with controller just connected)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-08-16-20-23-15-58_92b64b2a7aa6eb3771ed6e18d0029815.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-08-16-20-23-15-58_92b64b2a7aa6eb3771ed6e18d0029815.jpg
    386.8 KB · Views: 6
From your description in post #1, it sounds like your phone/cable has developed an intermittent connection problem. The Oppo was working but not now.

You've tried a different phone - and it works - but have you tried a different cable with your Oppo? You might also try cleaning the charging port on the phone, it can get dust/lint inside.
I have not tried a different cable (can you change it from the controller?), but on the Opponside the charging works just fine, so I assume the port is ok (?)
Thanks.

That screenshot Meta4 posted doesn't look the same on all phones/OS versions.... but something similar is there.
the charging works just fine, so I assume the port is ok (?)
Just try another cable... charging (power) is carried on two wires inside the cable, data is on other separate wires. Also, you might try compressed air or aerosol dielectric contact cleaner in the charging port.

If there is no problem using another smartphone, then it is obvious your Oppo has a problem with the charging terminal. Do you have a problem charging your phone?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom