DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Centralia PA

RichKnecht

Reactions
Looking to make a road trip to this town and wondered if anyone has been there lately or would like to join me. I'm a pro photographer, but I am pretty much a novice with drones. Looking to take pictures of graffiti highway and other worthy spots.

Reactions: JoeBWan
I haven't been to Centralia yet, but I'm looking forward to your pictures & video, if you decide to post them. Do you know if parts of the town are still smoking?

Haven't been there yet but have seen some friends go! Just passed the part 107 now officially a drone pilot!! Still planning that trip?

Yes, still planning the trip. May wait until fall for some color though. I'm starting to study for my 107 now.
I don’t understand why there is such a fascination with seeing centralia, there is nothing to see. There’s no hellfire or steam spewing from the ground. There used to be but no more. If you enjoy taking pictures of dicks spray painted all over a abandoned highway by all means have at it.

Reactions: efendic12
For those who have know idea ...
Centralia is a borough and near-ghost town in Columbia County, Pennsylvania, United States. Its population has dwindled from more than 1,000 residents in 1980 to 63 by 1990, to only five in 2017[8]—a result of the coal mine fire which has been burning beneath the borough since 1962. Centralia, which is part of the Bloomsburg–Berwick metropolitan area, is the least-populated municipality in Pennsylvania.[9] It is completely surrounded by Conyngham Township.
All real estate in the borough was claimed under eminent domain in 1992 and therein condemned by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Centralia's ZIP code was discontinued by the Postal Service in 2002.[7] State and local officials reached an agreement with the seven remaining residents on October 29, 2013, allowing them to live out their lives there, after which the rights to their houses will be taken through eminent domain.

Reactions: Brice McMillan
The borough was also used as a set for the motion picture "Silent Hill"... We've been a few times and it's really something to see. Then again that was maybe 4-5 years back.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7