DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Certificate of Waiver - Night small unmanned aircraft system (sUAS) operations.

Shakes1118

Reactions
Hey all,
I wanted to take the opportunity to thank everyone for their posts.

I just received my certificate of waiver for night operations today (December 10th) after submitting the application on November 19th, for those that are interested in current turnaround timelines

Information for obtaining these waiver is sparse. Therefore, I am including the information I submitted in hopes that it may help anyone that wants to obtain the waiver in the future. The two sections that are of most concern are the Waiver text itself and the Proposed Location of Operation.

Attachments

• FAA Certificate of Waiver Application Part 107.29 - Test and Log.pdf
    491.9 KB · Views: 81
  • FAA Certificate of Waiver Application Part 107.29.pdf
    350.3 KB · Views: 70
Can you provide an example of how you described the safety procedures on your waiver request? I had my waiver request denied "for not adequately describing intervention steps for one or more hazards..."

I thought I provided enough information such as: maintaining VLOS; Keeping at xxx' AGL and within xxx' radius; Flight path away from people other than flight crew...etc....

It would be helpful to see how much information works, so if you are okay with sharing your application that would be great.

Thanks,
Norb

Can you provide an example of how you described the safety procedures on your waiver request? I had my waiver request denied "for not adequately describing intervention steps for one or more hazards..."

I thought I provided enough information such as: maintaining VLOS; Keeping at xxx' AGL and within xxx' radius; Flight path away from people other than flight crew...etc....

It would be helpful to see how much information works, so if you are okay with sharing your application that would be great.

Thanks,
Norb
The safety procedures are included throughout my application. I literally used every possible character available to answer every question I could find that had been asked by the FAA.

Where did you get these questions from

Are there more?
I passed my part 107

I used a couple of sample waiver applications and some questions I've seen on topics here.

Hey all,

I just received my certificate of waiver for night operations today (December 10th) after submitting the application on November 19th, for those that are interested in current turnaround timelines

Information for obtaining these waiver is sparse. Therefore, I am including the information I submitted in hopes that it may help anyone that wants to obtain the waiver in the future. The two sections that are of most concern are the Waiver text itself and the Proposed Location of Operation.
Hey all,

Thank you for sharing this. Very helpful!

Reactions: crlmjohnson
Do you mine sharing an example

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom