DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Certified drone technicians

goforit

Reactions
A question about drone repair techs. Amazon states their “renewed” DJI drones are carefully inspected by certified technicians before putting up for sale. DJI we all know uses the word “refurbished” by certified technicians. How does a technician become certified? I'm not trying to be funny here but I'm ready to make a purchase and I think I would be more comfortable using the DJI store. Could be I'm making something out of nothing.

As far as I know there is no agency or organization which certifies drone technicians. That would mean any certification is a "self-certification". So if a seller claims such you should then ask that seller about the basis of the certification which in my opinion is most likely a marketing ploy.

Reactions: BSauce955
DJI we all know uses the word “refurbished” by certified technicians. How does a technician become certified?
I know of no DJI certification program either. Some of the sellers selling refurbished DJI drones are official DJI dealers though.

IIRC there is/was a DJI Tech Training offering available a few years back. I'll reach out to one of my DJI contacts to confirm that and let you know what I find out.

Allen

Yes, they are expensive. But what I meant to say was if there is no such thing as a Certified Drone Technician, who would be the next most qualified. Perhaps that should be a new thread?
That's not really a good comparison. Sort of like asking your Diesel Mechanic to work on your Tesla... while they probably could "wing it" in some instances the vast majority of the situations will have little to NO overlap.

In terms of a DJI Certified Drone Tech.... that WAS a thing for a while. DJI discontinued it but my source said they are looking at starting that program or at least it has been discussed but it's not yet on the Road Map as far as he knows.

So there very well could be DJI Certified Drone Techs but no "new ones" at the moment.

Thanks for the info. I am a A&P mechanic and would like to study, learn and obtain a Drone Technician Certification if it ever becomes available again. Let me know if you ever hear anything about it in the future.

Reactions: BigAl07
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka