~ CES 2017 WALKERA VITUS: Is this the NEW Mavic Contender, or is this a Mavic Clone?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by tml4191, Jan 8, 2017.

1. tml4191

tml4191 Member

2. Jordan

Jordan Well-Known Member

That thing looks horrible and the stuck on camera is just ew

ifly and Slayerstwin like this.
  3. tml4191

tml4191 Member

It flies somewhat similar to a Mavic. It hovers nice, and I believe it's the only one of its class in the $600 range, but do you think it's a copy of the Mavic/other drones?

Slayerstwin likes this.
  4. Jordan

Jordan Well-Known Member

I don't think it's a copy but a unattractive execution of a smart/portable/4k camera drone that doesn't seem to be any better than a mavic other than price. I'd still rather spend a little more to get a mavic that I think as a first generation model is phenomenal.

Capra Vecinului and tml4191 like this.
  5. Jordan

Jordan Well-Known Member

The mavic that is...

6. bemeis

bemeis Well-Known Member

also you cant fold it with the battery so that takes up more space

7. vashon100

vashon100 Well-Known Member

It can be folded with battery: (0:30s)

8. bemeis

bemeis Well-Known Member

Yup you're right. On the table in the pic above they show it like it can't be folded.

9. diydrone

diydrone New Member

Even better still, you can play world's first Augmented Reality Vitus drone games, which Mavic can't.

10. m0j0

m0j0 Well-Known Member

Contender yes..

Rousey was a contender too. Fight lasted how long?

When people actually get their hands on them we will know. Until then.. Conceptually I like it we will see how long the fight lasts.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

tml4191 likes this.
  11. LivinLarge

LivinLarge Well-Known Member

Yes, it is a Mavic knockoff in the same way the Mavic is a knockoff of the Dobby or GDU Byrd. There were other folding quads as well before the Mavic.
    Are you old enough to remember when Apple sued Microsoft for the "look and feel" of their windowed user interface (which they stole from Xerox?)

Andrew F and tml4191 like this.
  12. m0j0

m0j0 Well-Known Member

Not a Mavic Knockoff other than it is foldable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DocCuzi likes this.
  13. Robbyg

Robbyg Well-Known Member

Wow I just saw this, they really used a lot of other designs. The body and battery looks like an Inspire rip and the folding bits are copying the Mavic and the camera system is like the Karma.

They said it was coming out in February, it will be interesting to see what happens.

Rob

14. Slayerstwin

Slayerstwin Well-Known Member

Yes I do think it's a copy

Sent from my XT1585 using MavicPilots mobile app

15. coullit

coullit Well-Known Member

Why do they always fail to mention the range!? Because it's poor, walkeras I've had are cheap kids toys that I returned in half an hour.... Not in the same league as DJI and with gearbest and bangood you can whistle for any return or guarantee as they don't understand you.... My experience

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using MavicPilots mobile app

Capra Vecinului likes this.
  16. DocCuzi

DocCuzi Member

It does not have the range of a DJI Mavic. The Mavic has a published range of 4.3 miles or 7km. This drone has a "suggested range" of 1km or 0.621371 which is a little more than a half mile. When you look at the AMA rules, you are not to fly beyond 400ft. 1 km=3280.84 feet. To be fair, The mavic is unique like all DJI products and their signaling based on radio and receiver make that range possible. Any other drone that uses a Fatuba or Frysky radio without customization cannot address default the range of the DJI craft so that's something to think about. @600.00, I would spend it to find out if the craft and camera are good, if they are, I'd fly it. I still plan on buying a Mavic later perhaps the 2nd rendition of that product when available. For many who don't know this also, DJI is a Shenzhen company, that's Asian or in China. Walkera likewise is also an Asian company or one in China. Hope this helps...

#16 DocCuzi, Mar 9, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
  17. Kestrel

Kestrel Well-Known Member

And the Airdog came out before the Mavic, I know people think that DJI is the first to innovate, that's not the case, they are however the first to capitalize on the concept of fold-able design.

18. DocCuzi

DocCuzi Member

I wrote walkera on a different issue just a couple of days ago. I posed the question of this craft's availability. Here's my question and their response.

****************************************************************************

3. When will the Walkera Vitus be available in the US and what will be the final specifications for flight time? Initially, it was said the craft would be available in February, it’s now mid March and I cannot find any pertinent information. Please let me know your new projected release date for the product.

3A. The Vitus sample will be ok at the end of this month.

19. DocCuzi

DocCuzi Member

The latest release date I've now heard is June 2017. They've made some changes to it. Here's the latest PDF I've sen about the Walkera Vitus 320 as it's being called. For all of those wondering if it folded or not, it definitely does. I've also heard it's supposed to have a flight time of about 25 minutes and the range is still as I posted in a previous post. Allow me to ask you guys, with the FAA putting a ceiling limit at 400ft and these things being small, why would anyone want to fly a drone farther than that? Where could you do it safely?? Ever think about suppose the drone fails and comes crashing down on someone..... someone's house, car or property??? Vitus320.png

20. droneslife

droneslife New Member

A horrible looking drone

Attached Files: