DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Chairs Arranged for Outdoor Wedding

Ral546

Reactions
I was doing the still photography for an outdoor wedding on a Saturday a couple of years ago. On Friday, the families got together to set up the chairs for their guests. I knew they were going to have a very unusual set up so I decided to drop by and take a look. I also took my Mavic 2 Vision + so I could photograph the set up when they had finished it. The wedding took place at the center of this arrangement and I told the bride and groom I needed to have a quicker way to get to the center than walking all the way around the circles. if they wanted me to photograph this affair from many angles. You'll see in the photos the breaks they made in the circles so I could move around more easily. I've been using this as my profile image just because I thought it was unique. They didn't measure anything as they were setting up the chairs so they had no idea how it would look from the air, but I thought they did a pretty good job of making it symmetrical.
DJI00033 (1).JPGDJI00034 (1).JPG

A couple of years ago.... and you took your 'Mavic 2 Vision +'
Great job.. got any lotto numbers you care to share??

Yes. Never heard of it. UK market?
I've got 2 of them. Nasty devices as the video module in them fries out in a few hours use. No easy fix. Would love to know what the main video chip is in these to replace for cheap. Otherwise, the modules cost upwards of $150 U.S. each. All for a $2.00 chip that was severely underrated. If they had spent an additional $2.00, they could have put a quality chip in with some decent heat sinking. Even running these things for 30 seconds makes them hot enough you cannot touch them. Really bad engineering. Just saying. DJI should have recalled all of this model due to that problem. Telemetry was maintained, but video feed completely lost.

I've got 2 of them. Nasty devices as the video module in them fries out in a few hours use. No easy fix. Would love to know what the main video chip is in these to replace for cheap. Otherwise, the modules cost upwards of $150 U.S. each. All for a $2.00 chip that was severely underrated. If they had spent an additional $2.00, they could have put a quality chip in with some decent heat sinking. Even running these things for 30 seconds makes them hot enough you cannot touch them. Really bad engineering. Just saying. DJI should have recalled all of this model due to that problem. Telemetry was maintained, but video feed completely lost.

Could you post photos of the Mavic 2 Vision +?

Superb. I always find empty chairs very poetic in wedding videos, somehow. I shot parts of a wedding this year and found the moment where the venue manager sets the chairs in order quite touching (at 50s)

Never heard of Mavic 2 Vision + either :p

I was doing the still photography for an outdoor wedding on a Saturday a couple of years ago. On Friday, the families got together to set up the chairs for their guests. I knew they were going to have a very unusual set up so I decided to drop by and take a look. I also took my Mavic 2 Vision + so I could photograph the set up when they had finished it. The wedding took place at the center of this arrangement and I told the bride and groom I needed to have a quicker way to get to the center than walking all the way around the circles. if they wanted me to photograph this affair from many angles. You'll see in the photos the breaks they made in the circles so I could move around more easily. I've been using this as my profile image just because I thought it was unique. They didn't measure anything as they were setting up the chairs so they had no idea how it would look from the air, but I thought they did a pretty good job of making it symmetrical.
View attachment 55842View attachment 55843

Could you post photos of your Mavic 2 Vision + drones? Several on this group would like to see them as we have never heard of them before. Thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143