DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Change color of drone

Feather Ridge

Reactions
I have difficulty keeping track of my pro 2. Grey is hard to see. I’m considering a product like WrapGrade to give it another color. Any thought on what color would make it more visible?

Alot Of users here on the forum wrap our drones I my self use decalgirl.com. many decals and colors

Sounds good to me...

Just remember most of the time ya gonna be looking up at the drone so it going to be BLACK!

Maybe attach strobes?

I have difficulty keeping track of my pro 2. Grey is hard to see. I’m considering a product like WrapGrade to give it another color. Any thought on what color would make it more visible?

We would recommend you consider the Mavic 2 Wet Suits as they add some amazing function and safety features as well as providing a nice visual with quick orientation. Orientation is how fast you can determine if the drone camera is facing you . This is why it nice to have a two tone color design if you do decide on a sticker .

Stickers tend to shine in the sun and do not provide as nice a visual as the Neoprene and Neon stickers tend to fade in the sun after prolonged use.

Something different to consider our the Wet Suits and the best bang for your buck> Neon is the brightest but as other have pointed out Black is the color they look after orientation of the drone is lost.

We offer a Forum Discount :
Email me at [email protected]
coal

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the rain
Coal

Screen Shot 2019-01-08 at 9.34.39 PM.png

Reactions: Rattydude77
Firehouse Arc-II strobes work really well on my carbon fiber skinned quad. Most colors fade at distance anyway but if your quad goes down bright colors might make it easier to find. So do strobes...been there done that. JMO

Do y'all fly in cities often? Wouldn't you love to attract less attention? Why would you want to draw more attention and consequently be seen as intrusive? Because of all these concerns, I'm content with the original grey.

Do y'all fly in cities often? Wouldn't you love to attract less attention? Why would you want to draw more attention and consequently be seen as intrusive? Because of all these concerns, I'm content with the original grey.
That is my logic to, I fly at the park all the time and few people even notice I think a strobe is the best way to go to extend the VLOS

Whatever color you decide, you should keep in mind the VLOS factor. I refer specifically to the fact that even if you wrap DRONE in a bright yellow coat, it may work great against a green mountain, however, it may disappear against the blue sky. Different color wraps will have different effects against different background colors.

Perhaps, the best advice I am able to offer up is to obtain a good set of strobes to assist in your VLOS. Check out MAVICHELP.COM for listings of anything drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada