DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Change focus during a video

jason38

Reactions
Hi all, last day, I was filming in mountains, and noticed a little issue..
I wanted to film the summit just in front of my mavic , go toward it , take a little altitude to go over and then film the scene behind this summit.
So before starting the clip, I focus on the summit which is on foreground, starting filming, move the drone forward, and above the summit to film mountains behind it.
The issue is that focussing is great on the foreground, but when I go over and then film the background, image is blurry, due to inapropriate focussing..

If I tap the screen to focus again, video will becomes "shacky" and blurry while it is focussing... (Making that a few seconds before it focuses properly).

But all I want is a smooth and clear video...

Is there an option to set AFC so that can focus on real time , and avoid this kind of problem?
On DJI GO , I can read that I seted AFC mode, but it seems not working properly...

Any idea?

Thanks! ;)

Yes, but it still refocuses periodically rather than continuously which is what you'd need.
Best option would probably be to focus on something to compromise between your close object and far object.
How close are you to this rocky peak, at about 50 feet focus will be more or less at infinity anyway.

Reactions: jason38
Thats what I was thinking about.
Its OK, it works but with some compromises.. On a smartphone screen its sometimes hard to see if its well focused.
I focused at about 30 - 40 meters from the peak and the background behind was maybe less than a mile..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent