DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Change Mavic 2 Zoom camera to Mavic 2 Pro Camera

Palerider

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Hello. I'm getting impatient waiting on the Mavic 3. I was think about buying the Mavic 2 Pro camera and swapping out my Mav 2 Zoom camera. The camera costs $765 dollars. What do you recommend?

Its a 5 minute job to remove and refit the gimbal assembly so doable, probably two or three times that when you are trembling your way throught the first time. Apparently there are no problems swapping the Pro assembly for the Zoom assembly or vice versa.
That said, $765 is a fair whack of money that would go a long way towards a second hand M2P drone......something to consider perhaps?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: jfo and Nanny Ogg
Did you change to the Pro Camera on your M2Z? I am thinking of doing same
I did this late last year, purchased a M2Zoom drone and found a crash-pulled M2Pro camera for $200. The process was relatively easy, and would have been more so had I bought the entire M2Pro gimbal assembly (including the IMU). As it was I had to recalibrate the IMU from the Zoom gimbal/camera to the Hasselblad using some programming on my computer. Not necessarily easy, but not terrible either.

I did this late last year, purchased a M2Zoom drone and found a crash-pulled M2Pro camera for $200. The process was relatively easy, and would have been more so had I bought the entire M2Pro gimbal assembly (including the IMU). As it was I had to recalibrate the IMU from the Zoom gimbal/camera to the Hasselblad using some programming on my computer. Not necessarily easy, but not terrible either.
So in another words it is impossible to change M2Z camera on M2P without using some special programs for calibrating? Please advice which soft have been used for this purpose.

So in another words it is impossible to change M2Z camera on M2P without using some special programs for calibrating? Please advice which soft have been used for this purpose.
Not at all. What I said was that if you have the M2P camera and gimbal (complete with IMU board, which is mounted to the top of the gimbal) the process is something like 6 screws and one small connector. I only had the M2P camera, without the IMU board; as such I needed to recalibrate the M2Z IMU so it worked with the different, heavier, camera.

This video is a decent how-to for setting a lot of different options in the Mavic 2 firmware (you can individually calibrate each obstacle sensor camera, for example); I just used the IMU / gimbal calibration piece, which took about 5 minutes once everything was installed and plugged in:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zzombie