DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Change.org Petition: Cruise Companies, please reconsider the ban on bringing Drones aboard

Majestic

Reactions
If you cruise and want to be able to use your drone at ports of call then please sign and help us send a message to the cruise lines.
Currently, many cruise lines ban bringing drones onboard. That means you can't use it at any ports of call on your itinerary. I whole heartedly understand the desire to prevent it from being flown on the ship while docked or at sea but not allowing us to bring them prevents us from being able to get the most memories possible from our vacation experience.

Please sign and spread the word.
Cruise Companies, please reconsider the ban on bringing Drones aboard

Thank you!

Fred

I gladly signed this petition. I am going on a cruise next month to Iceland and several Baltic countries. At the wife's insistence, I emailed the cruise line (Regent, an NCL brand) asking about their drone policy. I was told that, per company policy, drones are not allowed on the ship. My email clearly stated that I no intention on flying from or near the ship and would consider that behavior reckless and irresponsible.

I feel that it is easier for cruise companies to simply say no than to formulate a reasonable policy. Hopefully they will recognize that participation in this hobby is growing rapidly and their customers want to use their drones as another tool to record their vacations.

Bravo for you effort.

Thank you. Hoping more people help support the cause. I haven't even gotten 20 signatures yet. Posted all over DJI forums and Facebook and now here. I'm discouraged to say the least.

I was told that, per company policy, drones are not allowed on the ship.

Petitions are nice, but what speaks even louder are paying customers. After your cruise you will certainly receive a follow-up survey. Be sure to mention the drone policy as a factor in whether you'd take another cruise with them or recommend their cruise to a friend.

I can understand them not wanting drones used onboard, but using a drone once you land should just be subject to the local regulations at each port, they shouldn't ban them from your luggage.

Reactions: dewster
Why are they banned on a cruise ship? Do they list a reason?

Just take it anyway. They are not going to search your bags for drones.

They are not going to search your bags for drones.

Last time I went on a cruise ship, there was airport-style security when boarding, including an x-ray and opening of bags. I don't know if they necessarily would stop you from taking the drone, but certainly they would notice it.

Last time I went on a cruise ship, there was airport-style security when boarding, including an x-ray and opening of bags. I don't know if they necessarily would stop you from taking the drone, but certainly they would notice it.
Why are they banned?

Since I cruise every two years, I'd love for the restrictions to be lifted. That being said, I guess the easy solution is to fly to your destination of choice. It's common knowledge that it's not allowed, and I really don't see them changing their stance just because of a petition.

There are stories already out there from people who tried to take their drone on a cruise ship. Some of them were confiscated immediately and held until the end of the cruise and some were able to use them for the first few days and eventually got caught while reboarding add a port of call where the drone was confiscated.

I've also seen some YouTube videos of people who have flown them on a ship and also right from their balcony. I'm sure that we have those people and more like them to thank for this ban.

I also agree that the post-cruise survey should be another place you voice your opinion. Telling the cruise lines that you will consider alternative transportation and vacation options as a direct result of not being able to travel with your drone is definitely one way to get their attention.

Thanks to everyone who has signed the petition already. Please share and spread the word.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mavic 3 classic User