DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Changed to 2.4 GHz - BIG mistake !

TTFLYER

Reactions
I need help with my Mavic Mini!
I changed frequency from 5.8MHz to 2.4MHz (stupid mistake).
I tried to change back, but could not connect to the aircraft. I downloaded the DJI FLY upgrade, no help.
I deleted everything and downloaded the DJI FLY app again, no help.
Currently my controller will not connect to the aircraft and I cannot make any changes.
The controller displays 2.4 MHz frequency and can't seem to be changed.
Do I need to have DJI activate my aircraft again to synchronize the controller and aircraft back to 5.8MHz?
Can you help?

I see you're in USA. If you bought your mini locally it won't have 2.4ghz capability. Are you sure you switched to 2.4ghz band? That's done via the triple dot ... menu and selecting transmission tab, then going to manual channel selection and choosing one of the low number channels (ie not in the 100s).

Where are you seeing 2.4ghz on 'the controller'? Do you mean in the app, on your mobile device?

It sounds more like your controller has become un-paired from your aircraft. Try re-pairing them. The downloadable PDF manual will detail how to do this.

I see you're in USA. If you bought your mini locally it won't have 2.4ghz capability. Are you sure you switched to 2.4ghz band? That's done via the triple dot ... menu and selecting transmission tab, then going to manual channel selection and choosing one of the low number channels (ie not in the 100s).

Where are you seeing 2.4ghz on 'the controller'? Do you mean in the app, on your mobile device?

It sounds more like your controller has become un-paired from your aircraft. Try re-pairing them. The downloadable PDF manual will detail how to do this.
2.4ghz is shown in the app on my ipad.

I'm in the UK, I change to 2.4ghz to use my Yagi range extenders. Can you not just hit the 3dots ,select transmission then select automatic?

2.4ghz is shown in the app on my ipad.
Did a Google search for you and found this:

This works for the Mavic Mini, but I can't connect the controller to a PC USB.

When I try to connect the controller an error message "POWER SURGE ON THE USB PORT Unknown USB device needs more power than the port can supply" appears.

This error keeps flashing until the PC is rebooted.

Have you tried charging the controller fully and then connecting to your PC? Sounds like it is trying to charge from your PC USB port and the port power management can't cope. Sometimes the "power surge..." message is caused by faulty USB drivers.

What is the model number of your controller? Look at the sticker on the back. MR1SS5 or MR1SD25? If it is MR1SS5 then you shouldn't have an option to switch to 2.4ghz, and if you did then you've discovered a bug in the app/controller firmware.

Did another google search for you regarding the error messange, and found this for starters:

Have you tried charging the controller fully and then connecting to your PC? Sounds like it is trying to charge from your PC USB port and the port power management can't cope. Sometimes the "power surge..." message is caused by faulty USB drivers.

What is the model number of your controller? Look at the sticker on the back. MR1SS5 or MR1SD25? If it is MR1SS5 then you shouldn't have an option to switch to 2.4ghz, and if you did then you've discovered a bug in the app/controller firmware.

Did another google search for you regarding the error messange, and found this for starters:
My controller is a MR12SS5. My ipad shows FREQUENCY 2.4GHz and I can not get a connection to the aircraft to change anything.

My controller is a MR1SS5. Have I found a bug in the app/controller software by using the so-called "FCC HACK" to switch to 2.4MHg? If I have, how Can I reverse a dumb decision?

Something is clearly messed up in either the controller or the app as the MR1SS5 controller doesn't do 2.4ghz. It must have been some glitch where it allowed you to select it in the app.

Reflashing the firmware on the controller might fix it. Do you have access to any other PCs?

Been in touch with DJI?

My controller is a MR1SS5. Have I found a bug in the app/controller software by using the so-called "FCC HACK" to switch to 2.4MHg? If I have, how Can I reverse a dumb decision?

Charging the controller 'fully' cured the USB problem.
My controller is a MR1SS5 .

Reactions: scro
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost