DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Charge controller while flying

Gpsrob

Reactions
I noticed on Android phones the controller doesn't last nearly as long as on an IPhone. Is there ANY way to charge the controller while flying with an external battery pack?

I noticed on Android phones the controller doesn't last nearly as long as on an IPhone. Is there ANY way to charge the controller while flying with an external battery pack?
not with the MM controller it only has one port so its either connect to controller and fly or connect to charger and charge

Reactions: Gpsrob
Turn off fast charging option in battery settings and it'll discharge RC 3 times slower. Not sure why anyone hasn't told you that. I can get 6 drone batteries worth of flying out of RC even when it's charging device. Not many fly longer than that or have more than 6 batteries. I do but im not a normal person lol I also have more than 1 RC when I need to go past 6 drone batteries

Turn off fast charging option in battery settings and it'll discharge RC 3 times slower. Not sure why anyone hasn't told you that. I can get 6 drone batteries worth of flying out of RC even when it's charging device. Not many fly longer than that or have more than 6 batteries. I do but im not a normal person lol I also have more than 1 RC when I need to go past 6 drone batteries
Sorry if I come over as a bit dumb,but were are thes settings you mention for the battery.I cant find them. Regards Tom

Sorry if I come over as a bit dumb,but were are thes settings you mention for the battery.I cant find them. Regards Tom
Your devic settings not the RC settings. If you have an Android device that isn't more than 5 years old you should be able to turn off fast charging in your devic settings. Attachment of mineScreenshot_20210214-102448_Device care.jpg

Your devic settings not the RC settings. If you have an Android device that isn't more than 5 years old you should be able to turn off fast charging in your devic settings. Attachment of mineView attachment 123826
Open up device settings, scroll till you see see (display, battery, storage) click there then from there depends on what phone you have but for me I click on battery then scroll down to "more battery settings then scroll till you see fast charging on/off I also have option to turn off off fast wireless charging as well. I have Note 10 plus

thanks for your help but I am only able to optimise battery settings

None of my phones in the last few years had an option to disable fast charging... might be an option on some, but definitely not standard.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54