DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Charge proposal for the UK Drone Registration Scheme, have you responded yet? Closes 7 Jun 2019

I don't know if this has been posted here or not but here it is.

If you are from you UK please go and respond here since the charge is "not much around £16" but for example the same charge is €5 in Ireland! Uk should be able to manage it from much less. This is not a car after all.

Charge proposal for the UK Drone Registration Scheme

Closes 7 Jun 2019.

View attachment 73173
Further to your post, I've just emailed my response to the aforementioned scheme. In particular regarding my situation in that I only bought a drone in order to complement the land and underwater video I shoot for family and friends on the scuba diving trips I make several times a year to overseas locations. Once I'm done with practice flights with my local drone club after this summer I'll no longer be interested in flying in the UK, restricting myself to taking my Mavic with my scuba gear to one exotic location or another several times a year. Therefore if I no longer intend to fly in Britain there'll be no need to register or pay the exorbitant £16.50 fee right?

Already done that and there have been widespread communication via UK yYouTubers to do that.
Let's hope they'll listen to us

Further to your post, I've just emailed my response to the aforementioned scheme. In particular regarding my situation in that I only bought a drone in order to complement the land and underwater video I shoot for family and friends on the scuba diving trips I make several times a year to overseas locations. Once I'm done with practice flights with my local drone club after this summer I'll no longer be interested in flying in the UK, restricting myself to taking my Mavic with my scuba gear to one exotic location or another several times a year. Therefore if I no longer intend to fly in Britain there'll be no need to register or pay the exorbitant £16.50 fee right?

You could be talking about a pair of Flippers that need registration and i would not know ;)

Compared to the cost of diving, at one or more exotic locations several times a year; surely
16.50 is a small price to pay for that $1K piece of scuba kit?

You could be talking about a pair of Flippers that need registration and i would not know ;)

Compared to the cost of diving, at one or more exotic locations several times a year; surely
16.50 is a small price to pay for that $1K piece of scuba kit?
Sorry for the delay in replying, just returned from a trip to South Africa, but if I'm not that really interested in flying or aerial videoing in the UK, what's the point in registering or paying the fee? Since I gave up diving around Britain 25 years ago the same would go if the authorities here decided I should register with the government and pay a licence fee to dive. IMHO waters in the UK are too chilly and dark to bother with since I got my dive certification over 40 years ago, so if they decided to do for diving what they propose for drone flying, the government could go fly a kite or ask that tax-dodger Sir Philip Green to pay tax in the UK, not the tax haven of Monaco and at the same time stop molesting young female employees one third his age who work for him.

but if I'm not that really interested in flying or aerial videoing in the UK, what's the point in registering or paying the fee?

Maybe go bitumen about it on the scuba diving forum then?
Your kind of insulting what we love, whilst going on about your diving ladi da.
And I know how much scuba kit costs.

Despite what you've heard, being a scrooge/spendthift is 'Unattractive' to women. (Marrige is for another discussion)
So just pay it up, release some endorphins and you can adjust your eHarmony Profile to lovable, "charitable", worldly Diver
While you have your chq book out, You could even pay up your Membership Fees to MavicPilots.com :p

Cheers

Despite what you've heard, being a scrooge/spendthift is 'Unattractive' to women. (Marrige is for another discussion)
So just pay it up, release some endorphins and you can adjust your eHarmony Profile to lovable, "charitable", worldly Diver
While you have your chq book out, You could even pay up your Membership Fees to MavicPilots.com w

Cheers

While you have your chq book out, You could even pay up your Membership Fees to MavicPilots.com :p

Cheers
Since your profile shows you've been busy on this forum since apparently joining only two months ago, I ask you what membership fees to MavicPilots.com are you referring to? And I repeat, as flying a drone in the UK doesn't particularly appeal to me ( just like Antarctica) and don't intend to fly here in Britain, or Antarctica for that matter, I don't intend to spend anything to assist the UK government of billionaires and multi-millionaires to cover its expenses in policing drone users and are only too happy it would seem to demonise hobbyists in regards to spurious imaginary drone attacks on Gatwick Airport (still unproven) and those arrested were witch-hunted in the press before being released without charge. May I suggest you'd be better off using your bile towards another drone flyer elsewhere.

ok someones a little bit ranty, time for bed i think :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929