DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Charged battery while warm...

V22Mavic

Reactions
I just fired up my new M2P today for the first time to get oriented (never owned a drone before). After about 12-14 minutes of light flying, I shut down and began charging the battery a few minutes later. Shortly after, as I was reading through the manual, I noticed there is a note to not charge the battery while its still warm. By that point the battery had already cooled while charging so disconnecting seemed useless.

Has anyone else made this mistake and noticed significantly reduced battery life? Or will it be fine as long as I don't do it again...

The integrated battery management system is very good but not perfekt. I always wait till it’s at room temperature when I’m not in a hurry.
If you’re carrying it in a backpack put the batteries in the bottle holders on the side. If you’re not walking in the desert then the wind will cool them down

The integrated battery management system is very good but not perfekt. I always wait till it’s at room temperature when I’m not in a hurry.
If you’re carrying it in a backpack put the batteries in the bottle holders on the side. If you’re not walking in the desert then the wind will cool them down
I have charged batteries thousands of times right after a flight and never needed to let them cool down. I just throw them back on the charger and trust the internal circuitry will allow the battery to cool 1st. never had a problem.

I have charged batteries thousands of times right after a flight and never needed to let them cool down. I just throw them back on the charger and trust the internal circuitry will allow the battery to cool 1st. never had a problem.
What’s your maximum battery capacity now ?

Reactions: Former Member
Capacity has not changed, still OEM capacities. Fully charged voltage may tend to drop eventually, but not yet.

Last edited:
I have wondered about that.. if the battery is smart where it won’t charge a hot battery, then why can’t you just put it on the charger and wait for the charger to do the work?

Nice.. I have constantly waited 30 plus minutes and then charged. My batteries have worked for hundreds of charges on the MP. I think I will adopt your workflow. Seems to work for you and I am certain you have flown a ton more than I have.

Nice.. I have constantly waited 30 plus minutes and then charged. My batteries have worked for hundreds of charges on the MP. I think I will adopt your workflow. Seems to work for you and I am certain you have flown a ton more than I have.

If you like that flow, heres an additional option. If you have 3 batteries, you can get a muilticharger. Many people who fly mutliple packs in a day have one. You can charge a few batteries, but only one at a time, As you finish a flight, you can use the next charged battery, and throw the depleted one on the multicharger. This way, you will always have a charged battery.

Last edited:
I do have the multi-charger. Would be cool if that worked with the car charger.

No I have the charger that comes with the Fly More Kit. I can plug it in directly but I could use my inverter to power the regular charger.

My Fly More kit came with both the A/C adapter and the 12v car charger adapter to allow use of the multi charger with either one. I have used both when going through 3 batteries at my RC AMA club field. Its nice to be able to charge from the car's cigarette lighter or aux plug on the newer cars as they call it.

My Fly More kit came with both the A/C adapter and the 12v car charger adapter to allow use of the multi charger with either one. I have used both when going through 3 batteries at my RC AMA club field. Its nice to be able to charge from the car's cigarette lighter or aux plug on the newer cars as they call it.

Excellent answer!

Reactions: MavicMikeK
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest