DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Charging HUB issue?

Goldsaum82

Reactions
Longtime DJI product owner. Just picked up the Mini 2 fly more bundle today.

Oddly, I was not able to charge all 3 of the new batteries at one time (using the charging hub). However, I was able to charge the batteries individually without any problems. Only one battery would charge at a time when all 3 were in the charger (the other two would sit there and do nothing).

Any ideas as to why this would happen? I plan on draining down all of the batteries (via flying) and attempting to charge all 3 of them again with the hub. All of the battery readings in the Go Fly app are prefect, so I’m not sure why they wouldn’t charge simultaneously. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Longtime DJI product owner. Just picked up the Mini 2 fly more bundle today.

Oddly, I was not able to charge all 3 of the new batteries at one time (using the charging hub). However, I was able to charge the batteries individually without any problems. Only one battery would charge at a time when all 3 were in the charger (the other two would sit there and do nothing).

Any ideas as to why this would happen? I plan on draining down all of the batteries (via flying) and attempting to charge all 3 of them again with the hub. All of the battery readings in the Go Fly app are prefect, so I’m not sure why they wouldn’t charge simultaneously. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
It charges the batteries in sequence and not all 3 at the same time. The same thing happens with my MA2 charging hub.

Each battery charging sequentially at 90min per battery is by design. Also be sure that the firmware on each battery is up to date to fix to the discharge issue. I just picked up the Mini 2 on Saturday and it needed the update.

Reactions: Goldsaum82
Each battery charging sequentially at 90min per battery is by design. Also be sure that the firmware on each battery is up to date to fix to the discharge issue. I just picked up the Mini 2 on Saturday and it needed the update.
Thanks. Yes, I did the update on the Mini 2. I assume it communicates the discharge info/update once each battery is inserted for flying. There were no update prompts for the batteries specifically.

Thanks. Yes, I did the update on the Mini 2. I assume it communicates the discharge info/update once each battery is inserted for flying. There were no update prompts for the batteries specifically.
For each battery you may get a firmware update prompt if the version is out of date. So you would need to check each battery by putting them in the drone one at a time.

For each battery you may get a firmware update prompt if the version is out of date. So you would need to check each battery by putting them in the drone one at a time.
Yea, I made sure to check each one to confirm this. I didn’t receive any update prompts. According to my DJI Fly app, the batteries were manufactured in April 2021 (well beyond the earlier date where the batteries had issues).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair