DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Charging Hub

OldGuy

Reactions
I am thinking to buy a charging hub for my M2Z batteries. At the moment I charge them one by one. The official DJI hub is rather expensive but there are reductions on various web sites. Also there are other alternatives such as the YX-4 Battery Charging Hub. As the batteries are an expensive item I want to be really careful what I buy. However charging hubs like the YX-4 still uses the DJI charger which came with the drone so I suppose there is little possibility of something going wrong and damaging the batteries?

I use this for charging in the shop:

Fstop Labs Mavic 2 Battery Charger, Accessories for DJI Mavic 2 Pro Zoom, 5 in 1 Rapid Parallel Battery Charging Hub Station, 3 Batteries, 2 USB Ports, with Power On Off Switch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GYNZ4QT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_8G4QDbHC2YFPV

It’s a parallel charger, so up to 3 batteries can be charged simultaneously. If memory serves 3 batteries starting at 10-15% are fully charged in 85 minutes (approximately).

NEVER had a problem with this unit...and I have ones from the same manufacturer for the Mavic Pro 1 and Spark birds.

BTW, I use this on my Mavic 2 Enterprise (Zoom); only difference between your batteries and mine is the Enterprise ones are self-heating for cold(er) environments.

NOTE: contrary to some of the reviews on this charger, mine WAS properly grounded. I also monitored the temperature of the charger and batteries with an IR gun and everything was fine.
I also like the fact that the battery pigtails have captive dust caps to keep the pins clean.

As always when charging batteries do so in a safe place, and monitor them REGARDLESS who made the battery and charger.

Last edited:
I have the DJI one. It works fine. I like it because it’s compact and fold up nicely. Everything from their store is a little pricey.

As the OP stated, the Yx (also sold under the PowerExtra name) is something like 1/3 the cost of the DJI unit...and as previously stated it’s powered by the stock OEM charger.

It is a sequential charger so it charges batteries one at a time, but it does have a display to show voltage/current.

All these hub:s are only power supplies because the charging electronics is in each battery.

I have the DJI one. It works fine. I like it because it’s compact and fold up nicely. Everything from their store is a little pricey.

The downside of that one is that it charges them sequentially rather than concurrently. Used mine once.

I spent about $50 USD on an Amber rapid charger,,, works home or car.

That looks like a pretty comprehensive unit...multi-source charger, discharger (I’m thinking about discharging prior to air travel) plus a discharge to near 0% for those times when you’re trying to balance cells out.

I get what you want to do, but do t bash me because I use what I use. In my case, just like why I bought a M2Z instead of the pro, you do what suits your needs. I have 4 batteries so I’m not too worried about sequential charging. I always bring my 12 volt car adapter with me and as soon as I have used the first battery I put it on the car charger. When my last two are done, one of the first two is pretty close. I’ve never flown more more than 1-1/2 hours at at time anyway.
I liked the one that shows the voltage display above. I saw one on amazon that came with a 12 volt adapter too
Good luck in picking the right charger that suits YOUR needs

I have this type with volt and Ah metering on each battery. But I have the MPP.

Attachments

• F185800B-37F1-4E16-AB88-C5E12239E7B1.jpeg
    F185800B-37F1-4E16-AB88-C5E12239E7B1.jpeg
    39.5 KB · Views: 24
  • 4B05436F-2EDE-4507-AECA-3C7BF1CF2AF7.jpeg
    4B05436F-2EDE-4507-AECA-3C7BF1CF2AF7.jpeg
    41.9 KB · Views: 24
Reactions: SkyDogII
All these hub:s are only power supplies because the charging electronics is in each battery.
They are a bit more than that, even for the DJI one. All of then will at least detect which battery already has the most charge and will charge that one first to get you with a fully charged battery as soon as possible. Others will go further and storage charge/discharge. They do this by its smarts communicating with the battery smarts.

I'm starting to think the OEM chargers have some smarts in them too.

I spent about $50 USD on an Amber rapid charger,,, works home or car.
I like the look of this one. I can’t find it in Europe or China but it looks like Amazon.com will ship to Spain so thanks for that.

Hi, you can get it here

I like the look of this one. I can’t find it in Europe or China but it looks like Amazon.com will ship to Spain so thanks for that.

Reactions: OldGuy
Hi, you can get it here
Actually the one immediately above is a knock off with read out and buttons between the batteries. Might be hard to reach, dunno. The Anbee has Charger readout and controls on top. Just FYI.

I have one by RCGGEEK model LKMC09 charger. It charges 4 batteries at once and has a USB port to charge a phone or my smart controller at the same time. It also has a switch for 65% or 100% which is super nice. So I charge the batteries to 65%, and then a couple hours before I'm going to fly I switch it to 100% All the batteries instantly start to charge up to 100% and are ready to go. The lights all turn green when they are done and ready to go. I leave that charger at home and keep my single charger that came with my M2Z in my Nanuk 925 case to charge while out and about if needed. So far I have never needed to use the DJI charger. You could plug that charger into a cheap inverter if needed in the vehicle, or plug it in overnight in a hotel room if needed.

My experience with the DJI charging hub this weekend was not like I desired. It works exactly as described and will charge in serial and if the charger and batteries aren't moved then it is not an issue. I ran into a problem where I often off-road to locations which involve poor roads, rocks, large bumps, etc... On the pavement I plug my DJI car charger into the hub and the batteries will stand vertically no problem. When you attempt to use this on a poor road, bumps will knock your batteries off the hub. I even had that issue plugging the car charger into the battery by itself.

I am a long time RC'er and flew electric for well over a decade and I am missing a form of connector retention. I didn't have this issue on my planes/helis as I was able to choose the connector type and solder that onto the lipo and ESC. Granted, these batteries are much nicer and have the circuitry built in that I didn't have then (overcharge, balancing, etc.) - but, I have to use a thick rubber band or piece of sliced inner tube to secure the connector and batteries. It may seem trivial and I have it figured out now, but this may help those that end up in the same position where they have a long drive and are charging their batteries during this period. The batteries stand vertically so they are inherently unstable in a moving environment.

When I'm off roading I'm not going fast, it's just VERY bumpy. Placing the hub on the floorboard of the passenger seat with the rubber bands, or even velcro straps around them like you'd use for cable management was the trick.

On a side note - I also have a Energen Dronemax M221A - parallel charger (3x for M2 batteries, 2 USB). I have a Tacoma with the built in inverter and when I idle the truck I can run this charger off the AC 120v output fine. I also use this at home and it has worked perfect - batteries act as others above describe, no overcharging and you can actually see the battery voltage and charger current as it cycles through the 3 batteries on the LED screen. It's quiet, doesn't get hot (even charging 3 batteries at max amperage).

Actually the one immediately above is a knock off with read out and buttons between the batteries. Might be hard to reach, dunno. The Anbee has Charger readout and controls on top. Just FYI.

Thanks for the info. I have gone ahead and ordered one.

I have one by RCGGEEK model LKMC09 charger. It charges 4 batteries at once and has a USB port to charge a phone or my smart controller at the same time. It also has a switch for 65% or 100% which is super nice. So I charge the batteries to 65%, and then a couple hours before I'm going to fly I switch it to 100% All the batteries instantly start to charge up to 100% and are ready to go. The lights all turn green when they are done and ready to go. I leave that charger at home and keep my single charger that came with my M2Z in my Nanuk 925 case to charge while out and about if needed. So far I have never needed to use the DJI charger. You could plug that charger into a cheap inverter if needed in the vehicle, or plug it in overnight in a hotel room if needed.
Thank you for your recommendation. It has taken me sometime to locate one as I am in Spain. I particularly like the 65% and 100% charging options that you mentioned. I will be ordering one soon.

I've got the same Fstop charger. Works great, no problems. I've got one for my MP and one for my M2P.
I use this for charging in the shop:

Fstop Labs Mavic 2 Battery Charger, Accessories for DJI Mavic 2 Pro Zoom, 5 in 1 Rapid Parallel Battery Charging Hub Station, 3 Batteries, 2 USB Ports, with Power On Off Switch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GYNZ4QT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_8G4QDbHC2YFPV

It’s a parallel charger, so up to 3 batteries can be charged simultaneously. If memory serves 3 batteries starting at 10-15% are fully charged in 85 minutes (approximately).

NEVER had a problem with this unit...and I have ones from the same manufacturer for the Mavic Pro 1 and Spark birds.

BTW, I use this on my Mavic 2 Enterprise (Zoom); only difference between your batteries and mine is the Enterprise ones are self-heating for cold(er) environments.

NOTE: contrary to some of the reviews on this charger, mine WAS properly grounded. I also monitored the temperature of the charger and batteries with an IR gun and everything was fine.
I also like the fact that the battery pigtails have captive dust caps to keep the pins clean.

As always when charging batteries do so in a safe place, and monitor them REGARDLESS who made the battery and charger.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake