DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Charging Magic Air Controller

Lowellc

Reactions
Has anyone charged the Magic Air controller yet? Despite what's included in the fly more combo i can't seem to find the right cable or connector. I don't want to force it.

01.jpg

02.jpg

ok, I shouldn't typed that on my phone..Mavic, Magic, pretty close.:) Thanks msinger...a little more push was the ticket.

****. I spent 40 minutes looking at this too and had no idea how to fit it in. Going mad

Thanks!

This little plug is probably the weakest part of the design from what I've seen so far. Absolutely no chance of this little plug ever going missing...!

You can just skip the plug altogether and use a micro USB charging cable.

The USB cable provided with MA is a USB to USB-C cable. The adapter will turn the USB-C connector into micro-USB that is needed to connect to the controller. Even then, you need to look at how the cable connects into the RC because DJI uses a rounded micro-usb port instead of the shaped one. It is the strangest design decision, and this isn't limited to just the Mavic Air, the Mavic Pro and the Spark have the same issue.

The best thing to do is use a regular micro-usb cable, one you might have for charging your phone or other device. Then you don't have to worry about the little USB-C to micro-usb adapter that DJI supplies.

Always happy to help. Welcome to the forum! :)

It took me awhile to figure this out. I couldn't believe they didn't include the correct cable. I was getting ready to head to Best Buy when I took a closer look at the end of the cable and saw a seam. I pulled on it and viola... just as your picture shows!!!

I have to say even after all this time, DJI's instruction still SUCK!

Reactions: Schnauzergeek
I have to say even after all this time, DJI's instruction still SUCK!

Yeah I got that from the experience as well. Lots of guess work. I didn't appear to get a manual for the actual drone but the manual for the propeller guards is thicker than the manual for the charger and there didn't appear to be any information about how to actually connect the drone to the controller - had to resort to Googling for that. (Actually that's how I ended up here - so maybe it was all on purpose?)

How long should the controller hold its charge...Also, do you think its ok to charge it from a portable USB charger

Seems like its not charged. You have to push the connector in pretty hard to get it in.

Seems like its not charged. You have to push the connector in pretty hard to get it in.

While it's charging, the lights on the front will fill up (like they do with the AC batteries) until all four are lit and then they'll switch off (and it will stop charging). If you do not get flashing lights filling up when you've plugged it in, then it hasn't been plugged in.

It might need to be linked to the drone. It will shut off quickly if it is not paired. Hold the button on the butt for a few seconds to link it.

Reactions: BMW Z4
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu