DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Charging Mavic Pro Battery w/ USB C cable

trip

Reactions
does anyone know of a solution to use a MacBook Pro charger to also charge the batteries of the Mavic Pro? I think an adaptor vorm USB c to the mavic battery connector would do the trick.
I’d there any way to reverse on one of the solutions out there that lets you use the Mavic Pro battery as a powerbank? Like this one DJI Mavic Pro Power Bank Adapter

IMHO, it is not a good idea and it's not possible. The DJI power supply deliver 13V 3.83A to charge the battery when an USB deliver 5V 2A max.

Yes you can, you need a BUCK Up or a BUCK Down Converter to raise or lower the output voltage to 13.05.

This is for the standard USB output is normally of 5 volts and 1 to 2.1 amps, some offer 2.4 amps. A device that only needs 1 amp of current will only draw 1 amp even if the supply can deliver more. For this example 5 volts at 2.1 amps is 12 watts. Take away the 94% efficiency. for an output wattage of 11.28. Divide that by 13.05 volts for a supply current of 0.84 amps. May take 4.5 hours to charge. I would always set the input current to something very close to

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XTBR15...h8&pd_rd_r=TXA4V3KDJERV9GN7GZWE&pd_rd_w=aeMRg

For the new USB standard is 20 volts at 5 amps. 100 watts of power!(check the standard on Wiki) Only need 50 watts of that is needed to charge a single battery. Use the same converter above and change the input voltage to 20 volts current limiting to 4.95 amps and the output to 13.05 and plug in the 12 volt charge adapter.

Same idea will work on a 12 volt automotive battery that will not produce the required 13.05 volts with out a charging system.

The solution from above is the best but it would only deliver 15W since it has no PD ability and thus any usb-c connected power bank (or charger) would choose the lowest rate which is 5v with 3A (which would charge the mavic battery theoretically in approx 2h).

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore