DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Charging the Mavic Pro Controller

TestPilot

Reactions
Hey guys,

Just a quick question. I always assumed that when the Remote Controller is fully charged, it will show a BAT 100 PCT message and that's when you pull out the charging cable.

However, today, I charged the RC and then took a nap, and when I awoke about 1.5 hours later, the RC has no lights/display on, and it was fully charged. I've never left it on charging so far in all the while I've owned the Mavic.

So I'm a bit confused.

Is the battery fully charged when the RC goes blank?

Or is it fully charged when the message BAT 100 PCT shows?

Hey guys,

Just a quick question. I always assumed that when the Remote Controller is fully charged, it will show a BAT 100 PCT message and that's when you pull out the charging cable.

However, today, I charged the RC and then took a nap, and when I awoke about 1.5 hours later, the RC has no lights/display on, and it was fully charged. I've never left it on charging so far in all the while I've owned the Mavic.

So I'm a bit confused.

Is the battery fully charged when the RC goes blank?

Or is it fully charged when the message BAT 100 PCT shows?
My remote turns off after it has reached 100 percent and is still plugged in after awhile.

My remote turns off after it has reached 100 percent and is still plugged in after awhile.
Hmm, so can we assume that if it has not gone blank, that means that it's NOT fully charged 100%? Maybe there is still a bit of leftover in that RC battery left to charge? I'm not sure how this works.

If that's the case, then maybe.....many of us have been charging our Remote Controllers wrongly all this while?

It's surprising that there is absolutely no info about this online, anywhere, and not even DJI has mentioned or produced any videos about this....

Hmm, so can we assume that if it has not gone blank, that means that it's NOT fully charged 100%?

If that's the case, then maybe.....many of us have been charging our Remote Controllers wrongly all this while?

It's surprising that there is absolutely no info about this online, anywhere, and not even DJI has mentioned or produced any videos about this....
I think it goes blank because it has an automatic shutoff when it is fully charged. This is just my thought. Just like the batteries will shut off when fully charged (after showing four steady green light for awhile.)

I think it goes blank because it has an automatic shutoff when it is fully charged. This is just my thought. Just like the batteries will shut off when fully charged (after showing four steady green light for awhile.)

Yes, but the batteries quickly turn off all lights, while the RC seems to keep showing that message for quite some time (perhaps 30-60 minutes). I'm not sure though. Wish there was more info or clarification on this.

I assume most people just unplug it once it shows that BAT 100 PCT message.

If you press the button quickly on the Remote Controller and release it will show you the current battery charge percentage on the screen. Just a quick press. It will diminish over time if not on the charger unless kept connected to a charging source.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake