DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Chase scene using drones

AtkesS

Reactions
Can you shoot a chase scene using the Mavic Air 2? Should I use Follow Mode or would I be better off using the controller? The scene will take place in the woods with trees all around.

I think you’ll be better off flying it manually. The avoidance system is known to have problems identifying small tree branches.

Can you shoot a chase scene using the Mavic Air 2? Should I use Follow Mode or would I be better off using the controller? The scene will take place in the woods with trees all around.
Manual control with obstacle avoidance and auto exposure on, then speed it up in post processing. And fly the route a couple of times first, if possible, to familiarise with the flight path. And remember that tree cover will cut your GPS satellite reception so positional control will likely be all visual. I bought some light weight DJI rotor guards for my Air 2, for flying in tight spots. Not expensive and could save you some worry - and save your drone! ???????? Good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: MA2 317 and DanaMc
Too scary for me! I’ve had such bad luck around trees. I’d try to record it at an exaggerated walking pace and the speed it up in post as others have recommended. Tree branches vs drones, bad ju-ju!

Too scary for me! I’ve had such bad luck around trees. I’d try to record it at an exaggerated walking pace and the speed it up in post as others have recommended. Tree branches vs drones, bad ju-ju!
Good timing as I was practising flying my Air 2 through some trees on my property today! I had to turn off the obstacle avoidance (partly to shut off the damned beeping sound!). But I was verrrrry sloooooow! ?? ????????

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada