DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Chased a cow out in the country yesterday what a blast

Status
Not open for further replies.

gixxerbill

Reactions
Was up about 8 to 10 ft and was looking right at the cow. He didn't know what to at first and then I started going side to side and that sucker took off. Oh it was fun chased him for about 20 to 30 second and then he stopped looked back at the drone like he was going to charge it and then changed his mind and ran some more.

I also had a lab chase it at the beach about the same altitude and a few times that dog almost got it so I took it up a couple of feet. Everybody was loving the show except my friend that owned the dog because he thought the dog would pass out from exhaustion even though he shoots a tennis ball with a 22 shell 80yrds or further and has his dog go fetch it. :rolleyes:

Any of ya'll mess with animals with the mav?

Cow probably won't produce milk for a month . Do you chase chickens also so they won't lay any eggs ?

Maybe it's his contributions to stop animal brutality by factory farming..... Didn't think of that did you? ‍♂️

Lol..... The amount of grumpy old men in here is ridiculous....
And the amount of morons on here is ridiculous as well.

do you appear fun at parties
Do you "appear fun at parties" by trashing the whole place or getting wasted and barfing on people, so funny! Sounds about equivalent.

Look mate, I'm all for breaking rules and having fun, but it says something about a person that's willing to f*** with animals. Are you the kid that put firecrackers up a cat's butt?

Absolutely not. I love animals and have had alot if different kinds as pets.... From reptiles to horses. And I would never stand by if someone were hurting animals and bragging about it.... But a little scare isn't brutality..... The fat old cow might even benefit from her blood to start running a little faster, don't we all?

Reactions: gixxerbill
Absolutely not. I love animals and have had alot if different kinds as pets.... From reptiles to horses. And I would never stand by if someone were hurting animals and bragging about it.... But a little scare isn't brutality..... The fat old cow might even benefit from her blood to start running a little faster, don't we all?
no kidding I guess they hate horses that drive cows(and they drive them alot longer than 20 seconds) to slaughter too **** irresponsible evil horses. :D And I really bet they really hate Salt Grass and other steak houses.

But it got me thinking maybe drones would be a good way of bringing a stray cow back into the fold.

The funny part is that it's a 99.9% chance that it's a troll playing of the grumpyness on this forum, not a cow or a dog, but fooling old grumpy prudes.

Although I don't condone this type of behavior. He does bring up a good point about herding some stray cattle with a drone on a working ranch. Could be a useful option for some ranchers. Like it or not, it's a part of ranching.

All of this over a Cow? I think the biggest issue is that the farmer may shoot down your drone. It may not have happened this time but he may have a gun loaded and waiting in case you show up again. My second warning would be that farm land is a great place to fly, so don't mess up relations with the owner or you might be met with hostility.

Rob

Congratulations on harassing wildlife.

The issue (at least this time of year in the US) is that the cow may have a calf. By separating them, the calf may not find the mother and die. Perhaps not in your case but this is why its a crime in most areas. This is weighted against your satisfaction of seeing a cow running scared. Personally, I don't see the pleasure in that.

P.S. Removing myself from this thread as I suspect it's simply a troll post.

Reactions: Lou
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thefons82